News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF Heroes and Goats Eagles Christmas game

Started by MightyGiants, December 26, 2023, 01:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

OFFENSE

Heroes

NONE

Goats

Isaiah Hodgins
Wan'Dale Robinson
Tyre Phillips
Jalin Hyatt
John Michael Schmitz Jr.
Ben Bredeson
Justin Pugh

Devito- 65.6
T2- 72.9

DEFENSE

Heroes

None

Goats

A'Shawn Robinson
Jason Pinnock
Azeez Ojulari
D.J. Davidson
Micah McFadden
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Jordon Riley
Cor'Dale Flott
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

gregf

Four o-lineman as goats. That sums up the season. Ozeez seemed to be very passive / lethargic in a few plays I watched close.   

madbadger

It's a little concerning to me that our first round pick is amongst the goats on a weekly basis. I've seen little improvement from him this year. Tippman on the other hand is putting together a nice rookie year for the Jets and appears to be their center for the next decade. I'm aware Bechton had a better rookie season than Thomas but his development is the exception not the rule.

Bob In PA

Rich: Has there ever been a game (until yesterday) in which the number of 'hero' ratings totaled zero? Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 26, 2023, 04:01:07 PMRich: Has there ever been a game (until yesterday) in which the number of 'hero' ratings totaled zero? Bob

Not that I can remember
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 26, 2023, 04:01:07 PMRich: Has there ever been a game (until yesterday) in which the number of 'hero' ratings totaled zero? Bob

I noticed that too, and while I am hardly throwing bouquets at the Giants for their performance yesterday, I didn't think it was nearly as bad as some others, such as the previous game in New Orleans. They were dead in the water for 60 minutes in that game. At least yesterday they showed you something in the second half.

LennG

To have zero heroes in a game where we almost beat the Eagles in their own home. Maybe no one stood out, but as a team, they played hard and fought right to the end. Screw PFF.

Oh, and Mr Thibs didn't even register a tackle in a game where he needed to show up. Well deserved goat.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jclayton92

Quote from: LennG on December 26, 2023, 05:24:48 PMTo have zero heroes in a game where we almost beat the Eagles in their own home. Maybe no one stood out, but as a team, they played hard and fought right to the end. Screw PFF.

Oh, and Mr Thibs didn't even register a tackle in a game where he needed to show up. Well deserved goat.
He's only registered 7 total all season I think.

coggs

Quote from: gregf on December 26, 2023, 03:24:31 PMFour o-lineman as goats. That sums up the season. Ozeez seemed to be very passive / lethargic in a few plays I watched close.   
What is strange is that I was listening to most of the 4th quarter and post-game show as I was driving home.  Not sure if it was the official post game or the guy from WFAN after the game.  But they were praising the OL for the lack of pressures the Eagles had.

SUPERSEE

Quote from: LennG on December 26, 2023, 05:24:48 PMTo have zero heroes in a game where we almost beat the Eagles in their own home. Maybe no one stood out, but as a team, they played hard and fought right to the end. Screw PFF.

Tibs gets "handled" at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coggs

He has 11 1/2 sacks this year.  6 1/2 against Washington and the Jets.  23 tackles.  14 against Washington, New England, the Jets.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThibKa00/gamelog/2023/

Bob In PA

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 26, 2023, 05:02:53 PMI noticed that too, and while I am hardly throwing bouquets at the Giants for their performance yesterday, I didn't think it was nearly as bad as some others, such as the previous game in New Orleans. They were dead in the water for 60 minutes in that game. At least yesterday they showed you something in the second half.
DB: The short answer is that their secondary game plan was better than the primary plan, partly because of the change at QB.

The long answer is this... from all the info at my disposal... for division (and playoff) games the typical NFL team comes in with two game plans (one for each half, unless the opponent never is able to adjust to and choke off the first-half game plan).

For non-division games, a week is not enough time to fully practice (and get good at) two plans (even for a highly successful team). The difference between good and bad teams is... good ones have stronger, smarter, more capable overall talent, which enables them to take certain short cuts.

Once a team has a "winning formula" they can take time away from practicing Plan A and explore a second plan to use when the opponent stifles the usually-successful game plan in the first half. In addition, some teams have an unstoppable player (which can serve as a secondary game plan). For example, the Eagles just throw the ball in the direction of A.J. Brown and cross their fingers. The Giants don't have that luxury,

In any event, yesterday they used an actual secondary game plan rather than just making adjustments to the first-half game plan (which is usually what bad teams are forced to settle for, which is IMO why they lose more games than they win. 

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!