News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Day One Senior Bowl Practice thread

Started by MightyGiants, January 30, 2024, 09:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
First day of Senior Bowl practices are today:

— Giants brass (Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll ) are in Mobile to take in the action. Should get an idea of where Giants offseason is headed. Coaching staff openings also often get hashed out during this week.

— QB coach Shea Tierney is the National Team's offensive coordinator for this game. Among those he will be coaching: QBs Michael Penix Jr. (Washington) and Bo Nix (Oregon).

— Giants drafted John Michael Schmitz in the second round and RB Eric Gray in the fifth from the Senior Bowl last year.

https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1752316553276576044?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Thanks for posting these Rich. I have the practice on, but I'm busy so your clips catch me up. Thanks again, Ric
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Top QB of Tuesday's early session?

The arm strength of Washington quarterback Michael Penix Jr. is impressive in person. Despite barely using his lower body to get into throws, he's able to drive the ball to the sideline with ease. It's no surprise that he led the nation with 46 completions on throws of at least 20 air yards this season. His accuracy was solid throughout the day, and he had multiple standout throws that hit wideouts right in the hands. I thought Penix was the most consistent quarterback on the National Team during the first day of practice. -- Reid

I have Michigan receiver Roman Wilson as my top riser of the morning. He was simply unguardable during the first day of practice. His success during the one-on-one session carried over into the 11-on-11 team portion, and he looked great racing past the defense to catch a deep route from Notre Dame quarterback Sam Hartman. Wilson served a limited role in Michigan's run-heavy offense, but he was able to show what's he's capable of as a route runner on Tuesday, and showed strong hands as well. Wilson -- who caught 12 touchdown passes this season -- is already a major stock-up candidate; I had him projected for Round 4, but he could enter Day 2 conversations. -- Reid

Toledo cornerback Quinyon Mitchell entered Tuesday as my top-ranked cornerback participating and has not disappointed. He has 31-inch arms at 6-foot and 195 pounds, and he's a smooth, easy mover who flashed consistently in individual and team drills. Working against the National quarterbacks in team drills, he was in-phase and batting away passes from Bo Nix, Michael Penix Jr. and Sam Hartman. Mitchell used his quickness and length to blanket receivers and walked away from the first two hours with a rising grade. After 15 pass breakups this season, he's a top-32 player on my board -- but I might have still been underrating him after seeing how well he handled Power 5 receivers. -- Miller

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39395071/senior-bowl-practice-updates-top-2024-nfl-draft-prospects-qbs-risers-buzz
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE