News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Gabe Davis

Started by Brooklyn Dave, February 26, 2024, 03:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooklyn Dave

If wse signed Gabe Davis as a FA , and Nabers, Odunze and Alt were available at 6 who would you draft ? I understand that Davis might not be considered an elite number 1 WR but he is probably better than what we have .
 Davis, Robinson, Slayton, Hyatt, Hodgins, Waller , ( if he can healthy ) , while not being the best WR core can be quite good .

Stringer Bell

We don't need Gabe Davis. We have enough potential #2 and current #3 types.

I don't agree that Davis is better than Slayton, and I wouldn't want to bring in Davis at the expense of reps for Hyatt.

I'm on board with drafting Nabers / Odunze, as they represent what we need - a legit #1 WR. But I don't want the team wasting any FA $ or draft picks on the position outside of #1 types.

Jclayton92

Yeah Gave Davis isn't anything we don't already have on the roster currently.

uconnjack8

Slayton and Gabe Davis are similar IMO.  Put Slayton on the Bills and he would be a 1000 yard guy with a few more TDs of the long variety.

Jclayton92

Yes, we need a number 1 wr but the wr position is not the reason we didn't get production from those guys this past season.

Brooklyn Dave

What if we traded for Jaylen Waddle, would your answers still be the same ?

Jclayton92

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on February 27, 2024, 02:29:18 AMWhat if we traded for Jaylen Waddle, would your answers still be the same ?
Jaylen waddle is still a number 2 that benefits from Tyreke being doubled every play.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on February 27, 2024, 02:29:18 AMWhat if we traded for Jaylen Waddle, would your answers still be the same ?

What is being traded for Jaylen Waddle? 

Unless its a pretty low pick, I wouldn't want to do that.  WR is one of the deepest positions in the draft and Waddle will likely be getting a $25+ million/year contract extension.  I don't see a reason to trade for a guy that is going to command that kind of salary in at most two years when one can be drafted that will be cheaper for at least 4 years. 

There was some big trades for WR in 2022 and the teams that traded the WRs away are doing better than those that traded for the WRs.  It won't always work that way, but it does say something about spending picks and money at WR instead of drafting.