News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mike Garafolo (a well connected reporter) on the chances NYG goes QB in rnd 1

Started by MightyGiants, February 27, 2024, 03:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

76.9%...lol

That's pretty (ridiculously) specific. Couldn't he have come up with 76.934153% Not even Nostradamus would split hairs like that

When estimating what a coach will do, it should be 0%, 25%, 33% 50%, 75%, 100%...fine gradations of percentages are absurd, not to mention, no one outside Schoen and Daboll have a friggin clue what they are going to do or what they are thinking. They might not even know, especially before free agency, and assessing what's available in the draft and areas that need addressing. Contrary to fans' point of view, it takes more than a magic QB with superpowers to build a winning team. And like I have said in the past, drafting a QB in the top of the first round is like taking your life savings to Vegas to play roulette
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

sooners56

Meaning if 1 of the 4 they like are available at pick 6, they are taking a QB
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: sooners56 on February 27, 2024, 03:27:51 PMMeaning if 1 of the 4 they like are available at pick 6, they are taking a QB

swear to god if they take JJ McCatthy at 6...
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

londonblue

Mike G was clearly joking with the specific % but pushing his view that whatever they say the Giants are a serious player in the draft QB market. I do not see Schoen paying the prices being talked about in the media to trade up but maybe the price comes down. If not that leaves the options of taking QB4 at 6/a small trade back or taking a 'project' later in the draft. I guess the takeaway is a QB is 'probably' in play one way or another.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

spiderblue43

Quote from: londonblue on February 27, 2024, 04:22:48 PMMike G was clearly joking with the specific % but pushing his view that whatever they say the Giants are a serious player in the draft QB market. I do not see Schoen paying the prices being talked about in the media to trade up but maybe the price comes down. If not that leaves the options of taking QB4 at 6/a small trade back or taking a 'project' later in the draft. I guess the takeaway is a QB is 'probably' in play one way or another.

In play I would think, but not at 6. But job security also means taking one somewhere high. They'll (Daboll & Schoen) be considering staying course into that you'd believe.

Sem

It's February. Believe little of what you hear and less of what you read.
Not at all worth getting one's self twisted in knots over any of this.