News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Did Darren Waller Retire??

Started by brownelvis54, March 16, 2024, 07:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

andrew_nyGiants

If a player retires, why would the franchise get hit with anything? (Cap or dead hit)

Seems to me that when retiring, you as a player forfeits any claim on remaining $$'s in the contract.
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

londonblue

Dead cap is essentially guaranteed money/money paid out up front but spread out for accounting purposes. It is often already paid in cash terms and if it isn't already spent guaranteed is still guaranteed. The cap is accounting!
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

coggs

GordonGekko80

I find the lack of communication on that front disturbing.

He should've communicated his intentions quite a few weeks ago.

Trench

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on March 19, 2024, 09:40:12 AMI find the lack of communication on that front disturbing.

100%....it is highly disrespectful

killarich

The lack of respect from Waller is getting annoying right now

goNets

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on March 19, 2024, 09:40:12 AMI find the lack of communication on that front disturbing.

Lack of communication with who? The team? How do we know he didn't communicate this with the team? Maybe I'm missing something though. Haven't been following this closely.

nb587

Maybe Waller asked for more time to think through what he wanted to do and the team granted the request.  Happens all the time.  In the meantime, 2 blocking TEs were signed and Cager was signed.  I'm ok with Ballinger and the 2 TEs if Waller decides to retire.  No to Cager.  I'm more than ok if the 1st round pick is one of the big 3 WRs

GordonGekko80

Quote from: goNets on March 19, 2024, 06:23:05 PMLack of communication with who? The team? How do we know he didn't communicate this with the team? Maybe I'm missing something though. Haven't been following this closely.

He has enough time to think about his future.
If you respect the organization you are playing for, you make sure you make your mind up when you have to, so the organization can take the decisions they need to take when they have to.

Jolly Blue Giant

It could be he's already told the Giants he's retiring, but Schoen doesn't want it to be public knowledge before the draft, or other teams would know we're looking at TEs...maybe even Brower
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

babywhales

Mentally yes
That was clear last season 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

brownelvis54

Draft isn't that far away. Why the hell don't we have an answer? Waller wants to make sure he's 100% committed to paying again? Really?

Giants' Darren Waller yet to decide whether to retire or play in 2024, wants to make sure he's 100% committed
Waller is unsure if he will play a 10th season in the NFL

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-darren-waller-yet-to-decide-whether-to-retire-or-play-in-2024-wants-to-make-sure-hes-100-committed/

In early March, Giants tight end Darren Waller said he would decide "pretty soon" whether to keep playing or retire. A month later, he still hasn't decided.

"I haven't made a decision yet," Waller told Forbes.com. "It's just a matter of respecting the process. There's so much that goes into the process of going from April through February of an NFL season. The commitment that it requires. I'm a guy who's evolving, who's growing, who's played a lot of football and been through a lot."

https://sports.yahoo.com/darren-waller-still-undecided-whether-111213137.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANbOOtwRAvjvCmwR2s6KJDd1iCNuBGlpPH69XzHY1DWbEpDkU9P8o2NrLFnb6eh-urzDZGlJTE3TDWyt1t_ycYOj_EXV6h1E71KkKWvsCm-pyVBsaP0flFn3HgNWn_VO6aQ2oyW3FuVSAY2ljCu3nagoSBMzZuvOFlWjQg6dSeUn

The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 06, 2024, 04:37:41 PMDraft isn't that far away. Why the hell don't we have an answer? Waller wants to make sure he's 100% committed to paying again? Really?

Giants' Darren Waller yet to decide whether to retire or play in 2024, wants to make sure he's 100% committed
Waller is unsure if he will play a 10th season in the NFL

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-darren-waller-yet-to-decide-whether-to-retire-or-play-in-2024-wants-to-make-sure-hes-100-committed/

In early March, Giants tight end Darren Waller said he would decide "pretty soon" whether to keep playing or retire. A month later, he still hasn't decided.

"I haven't made a decision yet," Waller told Forbes.com. "It's just a matter of respecting the process. There's so much that goes into the process of going from April through February of an NFL season. The commitment that it requires. I'm a guy who's evolving, who's growing, who's played a lot of football and been through a lot."

https://sports.yahoo.com/darren-waller-still-undecided-whether-111213137.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANbOOtwRAvjvCmwR2s6KJDd1iCNuBGlpPH69XzHY1DWbEpDkU9P8o2NrLFnb6eh-urzDZGlJTE3TDWyt1t_ycYOj_EXV6h1E71KkKWvsCm-pyVBsaP0flFn3HgNWn_VO6aQ2oyW3FuVSAY2ljCu3nagoSBMzZuvOFlWjQg6dSeUn

With the draft so close, the only ones that need to know are the Giants.  Why would they want to tip off a need or lack of a need?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92