News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The BBH/Big Hitter's Corner Post-Draft Podcast w/Ceri Dovey

Started by bighitterdalama, April 30, 2023, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Hi everybody. Here is our post-draft podcast with Ceri Dovey, our very own UKGiantsFans, BBH draft analyst. This podcast includes an approximately 15 minute Q & A block with questions directed from the BBH membership. As always, Ceri was terrific. Total run time of 43:29. Hope you all enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/user-826565332/2023-post-draft-podcast-with-ceri-dovey-session-mixdown-1

MightyGiants

Great summary show!  I enjoyed it.  I do miss Steve "Retro" posting here
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Thanks, Brian. Haven't had a chance to listen yet but will be doing so sometime today. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Wow! You guys knocked it out of the park. 

I've always enjoyed and got a lot out of your podcasts, but IMO this one surpassed all the others.

A truly great job by both of you.  It might not have been as good if they blew it in the draft, but they didn't... and neither did you. Great job!!

:dance:  :nanner:  :boldblue:  :dance:  :nanner:  :boldblue:   :dance:  :nanner:   :boldblue: 

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

bighitterdalama

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 30, 2023, 03:34:26 PMGreat summary show!  I enjoyed it.  I do miss Steve "Retro" posting here

Hey Rich. I'm trying to get Steve back to posting, but he has some kind of issue with his account. He will show logged in and can type up a draft, but, when he tries to submit the draft, the system tells him he is not authorized to post. This happened when he tried posting on the Jim Boeheim thread a few weeks back. I'm going to sit down with him and try to figure out the problem.

MightyGiants

Quote from: bighitterdalama on May 01, 2023, 04:04:45 PMHey Rich. I'm trying to get Steve back to posting, but he has some kind of issue with his account. He will show logged in and can type up a draft, but, when he tries to submit the draft, the system tells him he is not authorized to post. This happened when he tried posting on the Jim Boeheim thread a few weeks back. I'm going to sit down with him and try to figure out the problem.

Brian, why don't you have him create a new account.  That would help narrow down the problem
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Finally got some free time to listen to it. Excellent. I wish I had asked a couple of questions, but again...got caught up in other things and by the time I wanted to, it was too late. I would have asked Ceri's take on Ivan Pace and why he didn't get drafted. There were professional analysts saying he would have been the no.1 MLB in the draft and a sure round one pick if he was a couple inches taller. Ball tracking (tops); insight and ability to analyze plays and being at the right place at the time (tops); tackling (a beast who floors RBs and TEs like a Mack truck hitting a deer); sacks (tops - 20 career sacks, last season along: 21.5 TFLs, 10 sacks). Character (high)...some accolades:

2022 Unanimous First Team All-American
2022 AAC Defensive Player of the Year
2022 All-AAC First Team
2022 Butkus Award Finalist
2022 Chuck Bednarik Award Finalist
Pro Football Focus' Second-Highest Rated Defensive Player in the Country

How can this guy not even get drafted????  :-??

I wanted him so bad I got a headache yelling for the Giants to draft him while he was still on the board. Anyway, I digress

One tidbit unrelated to football. During the podcast, there was an advertisement for adopting homeless animals. It lined up with another podcast I listened to earlier where John Michael Smith was a guest. JMS was asked if he had any hobbies outside of football that he participated in. He only had one: He's heavily involved in saving dogs and either adopting them or rehoming them. He said it was his non-football passion. Other than that, he's a "country boy", with "country values", prefers "country music", etc., so it will be interesting to him to go from John Deeres and hayfields to living in a concrete jungle in the biggest city in the country

Anyway, great podcast Brian and Ceri - very much appreciated the effort and quality of info
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

GloryDays

I listened to it last night and really enjoyed it.. professional and positive 👏
Thank you both.

GloryDays

Thank you both for a detailed and professional podcast and the answers you gave 🙏🏻