News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The If's and But's About It

Started by Ed Vette, April 16, 2024, 11:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on April 26, 2024, 11:16:51 AMFundamentally, it's about moving the sticks (yards) and scoring points (TDs).  QBs who throw for lots of yards and TDs,  give your team the best chance to win championships, espically in the modern era.  I suspect that's why yards, TDs, and SBs are the focus for determining HoF worthiness, as it relates to QBs.  .

These QBs comprise the NFL(s) Top 10 ALL-TIME QB RATING:

Deshaun Watson
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins
Jimmy Garoppolo

It matters; however, not as much as yards and TDs.

To your point in bold, if that is your assertion why don't you ever include rushing yards and touchdowns in your QB stats?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 26, 2024, 12:39:26 PMTo your point in bold, if that is your assertion why don't you ever include rushing yards and touchdowns in your QB stats?

I do, and have. However, this thread was about Patrick Mahomes, and the negative impact of limited WR talent.  I don't believe his 400 yards rushing is relevant to the conversation.  If I included them, he actually jumps from 6 to 4; however, as I stated, it's not relevant to the point I was replying to.

Regardless, in the modern era, it's about passing production. You must be able to throw the football to truly be competitive.  High volume passers are winning championships, not running QBs.