News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants add a veteran receiver

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 09:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43, kingm56, Trench and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

DOB
1993-08-24 (30.7)
HEIGHT
6'3"
WEIGHT
SPEED
COLLEGE
Penn State Nittany Lions
DRAFT YEAR
DRAFT TEAM
Jacksonville Jaguars
ROUND
SELECTION

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

I'd assume he is cheap. Competing with Hodgins for a role? A possibility to get some Waller 'big slot' snaps? He is said to be a good locker room guy and that has some value in our young, inexperienced WR room. No harm in seeing what he has left on a cheap deal IMO.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on Today at 09:34:29 AMI'd assume he is cheap. Competing with Hodgins for a role? A possibility to get some Waller 'big slot' snaps? He is said to be a good locker room guy and that has some value in our young, inexperienced WR room. No harm in seeing what he has left on a cheap deal IMO.

He appears to be here on a minimum salary.  I also agree with the need for a veteran presence (especially with their only other real vet Slayton holding out)

https://x.com/pfrumors/status/1788562664014180370
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

It's really amazing, but in a few short years our WR corps went from being one of the worst units on the team to hands down the deepest. Kudos to Schoen!

Nabers / Hyatt
Slayton / Hodgins / A. Robinson
W. Robinson / McKenzie

That's a unit you can be competitive with. It's a unit that allows ST-types like Gunner and Boykin to focus on ST. In year's past, these types were getting meaningful snaps on offense.

DJ and Daboll get most of the press in terms of "pressure's on now," but I actually feel like it's Kafka we should be talking about in that context. He MUST develop strong gameplans that effectively use the talent available if he wants to stay on his current HC trajectory.

Jclayton92

Now if we could just get some dlinemen and a CB2

Jclayton92

I remember a time where most wanted him over Golladay.

B1GBLUE

Potential replacement for slayton in case that goes south?

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: B1GBLUE on Today at 10:02:35 AMPotential replacement for slayton in case that goes south?

That's my view.

londonblue

Robinson is nothing like Slayton and vice versa in terms of what they can do. Robinson these days post injuries is a possession receiver not any kind of wide/deep threat.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

He's a stand-up guy. Never was a deep threat, but reliable as a possession option. :Giants: