News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants fans should be waking up happy this morning

Started by MightyGiants, April 26, 2024, 07:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Philosophers on April 26, 2024, 10:05:04 AMI think we need to look at it this way.  Nabers was a top shelf addition, however, we need a Guard and RB.  That should complete the talent upgrade then it will be up to the new OL coach to fuse the OL into a good cohesive group.

After that, DJ will only have 1 year (next season) to either be the QB or next draft we will go into full bore draft a QB mode.  We could have gotten one this season albeit with some uncertainty, but instead, we drafted a very high end talent with high floor and a super high ceiling.  You can't fault the team for that.

Very well said. this also forces the giants hand if jones stinks again this year. you got your wr. now you gotta get a guy that can feed him. for now, you hope your 160m qb can take the next step now that he finally has an elite weapon, and hopefully, an improved oline.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 26, 2024, 11:51:50 AMB-one: I think you may have gone a bit overboard but I agree he's already better and more NFL-ready than Hyatt. lol

lol yeah might have gotten a little excited. but yeah, hyatt is generally just looked at as a deep threat, while nabers can literally do it all.

DaveBrown74

I was hoping we'd get a stud talent with this pick. We definitely got that. While I wanted a QB, I'm glad our FO had the discipline to not force a pick on one they weren't fully sold on and instead opted to go for a game changing, dynamic playmaker.

No issues whatsoever with this pick from me.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: T200 on April 26, 2024, 09:30:43 AMThat's what you're reading into it, Rich.

What is Jones responsible for? Aren't his stats attributable to him and not his offensive line?

No.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

LennG

I think too many people, think, because some of us do not think Jones is the not guy, are down on Nabers. I think everyone agrees he is a remarkable talent. Where we differ is--is Nabers another shiny hood ornament that will make some special plays but not be able to help us win because our QB won't be able to deliver the ball to him?

Many said the exact same thing about Barkley--remarkable talent, but why draft him when we have no OL to help him achieve greatness? Now, according to some, Nabers is the answer Jones was waiting for, well we shall see. All the excuses are over, but, I'll bet if the Giants do not succeed, there will still be excuses for Jones.
If Jones fails, it does set this franchise back another 2-3 years of waiting for the new QB to get it going.

As someone said a few pages back, those who tend to repeat their mistakes will never succeed. IMVHO we are doing the same thing as we did when we drafted Barkley. Great talent but no one to really help him become as great as he could be.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss