News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Sporting News predicts the Giants won/loss record for 2024

Started by LennG, May 16, 2024, 08:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38, Gman329 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/new-york-giants-2024-schedule-game-by-game-record-prediction/ar-BB1mw9hJ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=8e545f34e01347a1aee3777694c510fc&ei=13

Is it too early to start our pre season predictions?

The Sporting News does this game by game--win/loss and has us 7-10

Week   Date   Opponent   Prediction
1   Sept. 8   vs   Minnesota Vikings   Win
2   Sept. 15   at   Washington Commanders   Win
3   Sept. 22   at   Cleveland Browns   Loss
4   Sept. 26   vs   Dallas Cowboys    Loss
5   Oct. 6   at   Seattle Seahawks   Loss
6   Oct. 13   vs   Cincinnati Bengals   Loss
7   Oct. 20   vs   Philadelphia Eagles   Loss
8   Oct. 28   at   Pittsburgh Steelers   Win
9   Nov. 3   vs   Washington Commanders   Win
10   Nov. 10   at   Carolina Panthers   Win
11   BYE   BYE
12   Nov. 24   vs   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Loss
13   Nov. 28   at   Dallas Cowboys   Loss
14   Dec. 8   vs   New Orleans Saints   Win
15   Dec. 15   vs   Baltimore Ravens   Loss
16   Dec. 22   at   Atlanta Falcons   Win
17   Dec. 28 or 29   vs   Indianapolis Colts   Loss
18   Jan. 4 or 5   at   Philadelphia Eagles   Loss
Record prediction: 7-10

Again, I know it's early but we love these sorts of things.

Myself, I do not see us beating the Steelers in Pitts and the NO is a tossup as to how the season has progressed. I see us beating the Colts but after that, unless something drastic happens, I see a 6-11, 7-10 season.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

That's a good set of predictions IF... the Jones deniers turn out to be correct.

If we instead view Jones as a veteran QB who's back is to the wall, the Giants should split the pair against the Eagles and the pair against the Cowboys, in which case 9-9 would probably turn out to be good for a playoff spot.

It's all about beating the Eagles and Cowboys and hoping for a bit of good luck (for a change) regarding injuries not only to the Giants, but also the opponents' injury situations.

Bob

PS. We're likely a "middling" team at best, but I see chance to win in Seattle as well as against Indy and Cincy.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

WheresDayne

Middling is exactly where we don't want to be.  Good teams always have a chance and bad teams get the draft capital needed to get better.  Jones is not only not our answer at QB but he is possibly the worst problem we have on the team...just good enough to make us middling, very expensive and an injury waiting to happen (and if that happens, we're on the hook for an injury clause)   :surrender:

Bob In PA

Quote from: WheresDayne on Today at 07:24:35 AMMiddling is exactly where we don't want to be.  Good teams always have a chance and bad teams get the draft capital needed to get better.  Jones is not only not our answer at QB but he is possibly the worst problem we have on the team...just good enough to make us middling, very expensive and an injury waiting to happen (and if that happens, we're on the hook for an injury clause)   :surrender:
Dayne: Well, they took a big gamble on Jones and the best we can hope for is they were correct to do so. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on Today at 08:09:14 AMDayne: Well, they took a big gamble on Jones and the best we can hope for is they were correct to do so. Bob
I feel like they've made the wrong decisions on Jones every time they had to make one. It's like the "which hand is it in?" game.

- Exercise his 5th year option? Nope, wrong answer.
- New $160 million contract with $92 guaranteed? Nope, wrong answer.
- He'll show he's worth the deal and can be a next-level QB? Nope, wrong answer.

We keep getting snake bit by the Ghosts of Gettleman.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

WheresDayne

And, if Jones plays this season and gets hurt, which seems likely given his history, playing style and current physical standing (coming off an ACL and 2 prior neck injuries)...

Jones has an injury clause that guarantees $23 million (of his $30 million salary) next season, should New York attempt to cut him while he can't pass a physical.

President Rick

at last 2 maybe 3 'short' weeks to prepare for thursday or friday games.  coaches must go nuts with these schedules.  I know I do.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.