News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Here's a thought- What if the Giants are prepping Jones to trade him?

Started by BluesCruz, May 28, 2024, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 30, 2024, 05:50:42 AMChampionships are a team accomplishment.

Totally different eras. Rules changed materially. Can't compare stats as apples to apples from these two eras.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 30, 2024, 09:03:02 PMTotally different eras. Rules changed materially. Can't compare stats as apples to apples from these two eras.
Eli was Eli, regardless of eras. The Giants Offense was never explosive but Eli had better talent around him.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

sxdxca38

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 30, 2024, 09:20:31 PMEli was Eli, regardless of eras. The Giants Offense was never explosive but Eli had better talent around him.

Ed,

I agree with you, and I'd also add that Eli played behind a top five offensive line his first five years in the league.

While he was still growing and learning.

Jclayton92

Quote from: sxdxca38 on May 30, 2024, 08:18:24 PMSo, let me get this straight, you are advocating for Daboll and Schoen to trade Daniel Jones, their starting QB right now. Okay, so quick question for you, who are they going to trade him too? And what player are they going to get in return?

Secondly, you claim Daniel Jones is a failure. May I ask a question then? In 2022 when the Giants made the playoffs and won a game, with Daniel Jones as the starting QB, were you advocating back then that he was an albatross and a failure?

Just curious?
He was saying teams normally don't double down or hold onto bad mistakes. If a qb doesn't work within a couple seasons they are gone and yet despite that we still have Daniel Jones.

49ers, CHI twice, Pittsburgh, the Jets twice, and so many more that have drafted a nonelite qb and then released them to start fresh. The Giants however being outdated are still clinging onto the same not so great player.

Doing the same thing over and over just to get the same result.

Also Jones Contract has universally been acknowledged as a bad deal along with the Giants attempts to select a new "guy".

I think Y was just saying please let's try something different besides what we've been doing over and over that has failed.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 30, 2024, 09:38:22 PMHe was saying teams normally don't double down or hold onto bad mistakes. If a qb doesn't work within a couple seasons they are gone and yet despite that we still have Daniel Jones.

49ers, CHI twice, Pittsburgh, the Jets twice, and so many more that have drafted a nonelite qb and then released them to start fresh. The Giants however being outdated are still clinging onto the same not so great player.

Doing the same thing over and over just to get the same result.

Also Jones Contract has universally been acknowledged as a bad deal along with the Giants attempts to select a new "guy".

I think Y was just saying please let's try something different besides what we've been doing over and over that has failed.

But Daniel Jones did work in his first season in 2019

24 TDs to 12 Int's in 13 games

He also worked again in 2022

3900 total yards 22 TD's 5 Int 93.2 RTG 60.6 QBR ranked top six

So, it hasn't been the same thing over and over again with the same results.

Plus making playoffs and a playoff win.

Daboll and Schoen made the right decision.

They drafted an elite WR and improved the O line a bit.

Trench

Quote from: todge on May 30, 2024, 01:27:28 PMIt wasn't the same team. The key was the early loss of Thomas due to a hamstring. His replacement Ezeudu was totally overmatched. It was also the debut of a rookie C. The level of competition was also a huge difference the first six games. Jones had less than 2 seconds on average to throw the ball before there was a jailbreak into the backfield. Even Aikman commented that DJ didn't have a chance. Later on the addition of Pugh and the return of Thomas stabilized the OL somewhat.

If DeVito and Taylor moved the team better as you claim, then why isn't Taylor starting this year? DeVito is hanging onto a roster spot by a shoelace. DeVito was ultimately benched in the Saints game because he was woefully unprepared - he was far more interested in signing autographs than spending time in the QB room.

Your last take that Taylor and DeVito are more in demand than Jones is a total head scratcher. As is your inference that both QBs are better than Jones.

Jones isn't being traded under any circumstances. So I'm pretty sure you can abandon that hope. This is and always will be a team game and a QB needs protection and weapons to thrive. Give those to Jones and you will see success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aikman also commented he's locked on recievers so it goes both ways with Jones. I haven't seen him working on this issue and I wish a best writer would ask why it is never done when other teams practice it all the time!

As stated earlier he's not a bad QB but he isn't great either. A good assessment.