News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

19 Things Boomers Had to Live Through That Gen Z Would Never Understand

Started by LennG, March 07, 2024, 07:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

20 Things Only Baby Boomers Remember

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/parenting/feeling-nostalgic-20-things-only-baby-boomers-remember/ss-BB1gZsfg?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=3b3c79beec074cd2accc42afb1aeb4cf&ei=24

Memories

Some I really had forgotten about, like telephone operators.

How will our future generations never know what a drive-in movie was about

How many here remember what it was like to never have a remote to change a TV channel?

Does anyone still have vinyl records? And why, most have nothing to play them on.

Does anyone still have a phone book/Yellow Pages?

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on March 09, 2024, 02:03:34 PM20 Things Only Baby Boomers Remember

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/parenting/feeling-nostalgic-20-things-only-baby-boomers-remember/ss-BB1gZsfg?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=3b3c79beec074cd2accc42afb1aeb4cf&ei=24

Memories

Some I really had forgotten about, like telephone operators.

How will our future generations never know what a drive-in movie was about

How many here remember what it was like to never have a remote to change a TV channel?

Does anyone still have vinyl records? And why, most have nothing to play them on.

Does anyone still have a phone book/Yellow Pages?

Some I really had forgotten about, like telephone operators: I remember them well, in fact, when I was born if you wanted to make a phone call outside of the party line of 8 people, you cranked the phone until the operator answered, and you told her "who" and "where" you wanted to reach, no number

How will our future generations never know what a drive-in movie was about: Here in the rural area of New York, we still have two drive in theaters. Not many people use them, but the kids know what they are

How many here remember what it was like to never have a remote to change a TV channel? Remember it well. In my house, the youngest child was told to change channels if they were old enough to know how. I got my first remote when I was 32 years old, and it had a long cord that was plugged into a VCR (the TV still had to be manually changed to channel 3)

Does anyone still have vinyl records? And why, most have nothing to play them on. I have stacks of vinyl records, but threw away my turntable years ago. But vinyl is coming back and "purists" prefer it over digital media. In fact, record companies are now making lots of vinyl records and turn tables are being sold in many places that sell electronics/music...they are expensive. I have no use for vinyl, just hoping my old record collection becomes valuable some day. As a kid, we had a stack of 78 LPs that we used in lieu of clay pigeons when out shooting trap

Does anyone still have a phone book/Yellow Pages? No
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I must have had about 500 45s records as they were my records of choice back in the day. I gave most of them to my son to try and sell and he did sell the entire bunch for $50. Who knows if there was anything valuable in that stack, but they were all well-worn and scratched.

I laughed at your comment about the youngest having to change the channels. My brother is 6 years younger than me and he ALWAYS had to change the channels. At times he was the antenna also, you know, when he went to fix the rabbit ears, all of a sudden the pix was good and when he let go it was fuzzy again, so you know I made him stand there for a while...............

In the entire metro area, NYC, and Long Island there isn't one drive-in movie anywhere. What was, are now malls. Too bad also. Had some great times at drive-ins. My first 'double' date was going to a drive-in. I didn't have a car until after I came out of the service but all my buddies did so I was always in the back seat.

I still have several VCRs and plenty of recorded stuff, but I just gave away about 10 unopened VCR tapes. Just had no use for them now.

Charlie Weiss