News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

McCarthy thinks he'll be a Giant

Started by AYM, April 25, 2024, 06:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

I'm sure both Daboll and Schoen are looking to the future at qb, no question. If they weren't, they're being negligent. That said, my thinking JJ is a just not good enough to trade picks for or even rate at 6.

He's seemingly a great young man with leadership skills to boot, but overvalued here. I've been consistent and would take an elite wr. But this cake maybe already baked...his comments so.

Philosophers

Think about it.  All these QBs and prospects have met with hundreds of people from all the football teams.  Easy to forget names or mix them up with names from other teams.  JJ recited all the names as if he has been training with them for months.  That says something about their interest but also about him.

spiderblue43

Quote from: Philosophers on April 25, 2024, 08:10:17 AMThink about it.  All these QBs and prospects have met with hundreds of people from all the football teams.  Easy to forget names or mix them up with names from other teams.  JJ recited all the names as if he has been training with them for months.  That says something about their interest but also about him.

I like JJ a lot. I think he's going to be a real good, not great player. JJ kinda let the cat out of the bag, no? The fact they spent more time with him than anybody is revealing.

kingm56

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 25, 2024, 08:24:38 AMI like JJ a lot. I think he's going to be a real good, not great player. JJ kinda let the cat out of the bag, no? The fact they spent more time with him than anybody is revealing.

I don't believe so; instead, I believe it's a reflection of the reality and the Giants relative draft position.  In short, of the top QBs, JJ is the most likely to still be available at #6.  It doesn't make much sense to invest time in Williams or Daniels when it's highly unlikely the Giants will have a chance to draft either. 

Philosophers

I think the one thing teams are really enamored with him is his football mind and his personality.  This guy wreaks leadership and enthusiasm beyond what is known to men.  His teammates will rally around him.

Gmo11

I think the Giants like him.  I think the Vikings know the Giants like him.  I think the Vikings are going to trade up to 4 or 5 and take him before the Giants can.  And then the Giants will pick their favorite of Rome/Nabers.

Philosophers

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 25, 2024, 09:48:19 AMI think the Giants like him.  I think the Vikings know the Giants like him.  I think the Vikings are going to trade up to 4 or 5 and take him before the Giants can.  And then the Giants will pick their favorite of Rome/Nabers.

That sure feels like a distinct possibility. 

files58

Boy do I wish I had Warren Buffet type of financial assets. As a fan I'd wreak financial ruin on the teams' ownership that get in the way of the Giants acquiring who they want. Go ahead Minnesota trade for the right to draft JJ, and then watch out Wilf family. I really like JJ, BECAUSE HE WINS. There's no telling what I'd try to do to Jerry Jones. I would acquire the real estate under Jerryworld(everything has a price), and require Jones watch every game with his finger up his nose. Back to reality, we really need to part from Jones. Mara paid him, and now it's time to go.

spiderblue43

Quote from: Philosophers on April 25, 2024, 10:07:16 AMThat sure feels like a distinct possibility. 

Unless the Vikings brass decided to take a long ship to nowhere, they know the Giants interest. They're going to trade for a qb-that is obvious or why accumulate picks?

expatriot

I don't think he will be there when the Giants draft, but I wouldn't be upset if they somehow got him.  Yeah yeah yeah he didn't throw a lot based on the Michigan offense BUT he was the best third down QB in the country and he has a strong arm, and he is used to pressure and COMING THROUGH.  All of it is academic because he will be gone before pick 6 and the Giants don't have the draft capital to go get him.

TONKA56

Quote from: expatriot on April 25, 2024, 11:08:47 AMI don't think he will be there when the Giants draft, but I wouldn't be upset if they somehow got him.  Yeah yeah yeah he didn't throw a lot based on the Michigan offense BUT he was the best third down QB in the country and he has a strong arm, and he is used to pressure and COMING THROUGH.  All of it is academic because he will be gone before pick 6 and the Giants don't have the draft capital to go get him.

😢

Stringer Bell

Quote from: expatriot on April 25, 2024, 11:08:47 AMI don't think he will be there when the Giants draft, but I wouldn't be upset if they somehow got him.  Yeah yeah yeah he didn't throw a lot based on the Michigan offense BUT he was the best third down QB in the country and he has a strong arm, and he is used to pressure and COMING THROUGH.  All of it is academic because he will be gone before pick 6 and the Giants don't have the draft capital to go get him.

Going into today, Latham surprisingly was the favorite to go #5 per FanDuel odds. Now, JJ is the favorite to go #5. Giants have been known to trade up a spot to ensure they get their guy, but signs seem to be pointing to him not being there at #6.

Hate the thought of them getting in a bidding war to move up one spot.

katkavage

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 25, 2024, 09:48:19 AMI think the Giants like him.  I think the Vikings know the Giants like him.  I think the Vikings are going to trade up to 4 or 5 and take him before the Giants can.  And then the Giants will pick their favorite of Rome/Nabers.
I would eliminate the Cardinals. They already have 11 picks this year. Accumulating Minnesota's two picks and more is overkill, and they miss out on the best player in the draft who is there for the taking and a need pick. Same with the Chargers. If it looks like the Chargers want to trade out, the Giants can offer them #6 where they can get their prize: Alt. Minnesota is weakened by where they pick. Of course I could be completely wrong. But that's my guess.

RelaxTension

Quote from: kingm56 on April 25, 2024, 08:32:55 AMI don't believe so; instead, I believe it's a reflection of the reality and the Giants relative draft position.  In short, of the top QBs, JJ is the most likely to still be available at #6.  It doesn't make much sense to invest time in Williams or Daniels when it's highly unlikely the Giants will have a chance to draft either. 

I took the comment as McCarthy spent more time with the Giants then any other team.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..