News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

With the Giants 2nd round pick they draft S Tyler Nubin,

Started by MightyGiants, April 26, 2024, 08:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Doc16LT56

I won't be surprised if he turns out to be better than Mckinney. Good pick.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

I guess that means that they aren't as concerned at corner as the fans are. He's a really good safety even if he's a rodent.

MightyGiants

Quote from: madbadger on April 26, 2024, 08:30:34 PMI guess that means that they aren't as concerned at corner as the fans are. He's a really good safety even if he's a rodent.

There are a few veterans that are still unsigned if needed
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: madbadger on April 26, 2024, 08:30:34 PMI guess that means that they aren't as concerned at corner as the fans are. He's a really good safety even if he's a rodent.

I think once there was that run on CBs they were left out in the cold but as a very pleasant consolation prize they get the best safety in the draft and they do have a McKinney sized hole at Safety so I do like this pick a lot.  And they would have had to trade up to get one of the CBs which I don't think they wanted to do given they don't have a ton of picks this year as it is.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 26, 2024, 08:31:48 PMThere are a few veterans that are still unsigned if needed

Sure but none of them are considered long term fixes. You hope with the second round pick to get a starter that hangs around through his second contract.

MightyGiants

47. NEW YORK GIANTS: TYLER NUBIN, S, MINNESOTA
Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 199 pounds

STRENGTHS
Terrific awareness and IQ
Playmaker
Deep zone instincts
WEAKNESSES
Stiff in man coverage
Pursuit angles
Team Fit: Tyler Nubin is a fantastic deep ballhawk. The Giants now have an ideal safety tandem to hold down the back end of the unit. New York will benefit from his range and overall presence.

Grade: A
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Yes please, if we get CB2 locked down we could have an ELITE level defense.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 26, 2024, 08:39:44 PMYes please, if we get CB2 locked down we could have an ELITE level defense.

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl with their defense
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE