News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Sorry Jim, I thought you ahd already given the answer to that one.

2001, Space Odyssey.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on August 21, 2020, 11:44:48 AM
Sorry Jim, I thought you ahd already given the answer to that one.

2001, Space Odyssey.

Actually, it was from 2010.

jimv

"They oughta put your mouth in a circus."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 21, 2020, 02:13:58 PM

Actually, it was from 2010.

I only saw that once and didn't like it at all.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Any answers for the last group I put up. You should get most of them.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

They've been answered.

And, BTW, I disagree with you on "2010."  I like it better than "2001."  Different strokes for different folks. :greetings:

All that's left is my last one: "They oughta put your mouth in a circus."

HINT:  It's in the same movie that has been quoted lately. 8))

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 21, 2020, 06:15:39 PM
They've been answered.

And, BTW, I disagree with you on "2010."  I like it better than "2001."  Different strokes for different folks. :greetings:

All that's left is my last one: "They oughta put your mouth in a circus."

HINT:  It's in the same movie that has been quoted lately. 8))

Pretty sure it is from Cinderella man

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Forgot how smart yopu guys are. Yes, they were all answered.

Here are a few new ones from the 1990s

Woman-----I would have stayed for two thousand.
Man--- I would have paid four.

------------------------------------------------------------

Man #1---- I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
Man #2----: I suppose.
Man #1---- No papers?
Man #2----: No papers, state to state.
Man #1----: Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.
Man #2---- Oh, at least.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Man #1---All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Man #2--- Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man---- She wants to meet me at the top of the Empire State Building. On Valentine's Day.
Woman---- It's like that movie.
Man---- What movie?
Woman---- An Affair To Remember. Did you ever see it?Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. She's gonna meet him at the top of the Empire State Building... only she got hit by a taxi. And he waited and waited. And it was raining, I think. And then... she's too proud to tell him... that she's, uh...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the ship of dreams to everyone else. To me it was a slave ship, taking me back to America in chains. Outwardly, I was everything a well brought up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming.

======================================================

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on August 21, 2020, 08:53:29 PM

Man #1---- I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
Man #1---- No papers?
Man #1----: Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.
Man #2---- Oh, at least.

Man #1---All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Man #2--- Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man---- She wants to meet me at the top of the Empire State Building. On Valentine's Day.
Man---- What movie?
Woman---- An Affair To Remember. Did you ever see it?Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. She's gonna meet him at the top of the Empire State Building... only she got hit by a taxi. And he waited and waited. And it was raining, I think. And then... she's too proud to tell him... that she's, uh...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the ship of dreams to everyone else. To me it was a slave ship, taking me back to America in chains. Outwardly, I was everything a well brought up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming.

#2  "Hunt for Red October."

#4  "Sleepless in Seattle."

LennG

Quote from: LennG on August 21, 2020, 08:53:29 PM

Man #1---- No papers?
Man #2---- Oh, at least.

Man---- What movie?

Reread the others Jim. All have clues to either the theme of the movie or the basic movie itself. All were major hits and I know you've seen them all. I've hilighted certaion words which will give them away

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Sorry, Lenny, highlights are no help. ~X( ~X( ~X(

jimv

Here's a good one:

"Sometimes a little human collateral is the cost of freedom."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 25, 2020, 12:27:50 AM
Here's a good one:

"Sometimes a little human collateral is the cost of freedom."

Haven't the foggiest

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Here's another one from the same movie:

"What if I had to tell you the most important thing in the world and I knew you wouldn't believe me?"

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 25, 2020, 03:23:14 PM
Here's another one from the same movie:

"What if I had to tell you the most important thing in the world and I knew you wouldn't believe me?"

Still have no idea. Probably haven't seen it.

Charlie Weiss