News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 26, 2021, 10:30:58 AM
Another toughie that I think only Lenny has a shot at:

A little cheese, a little bread, a little wine, a little cheese, a little bread, a little cheese,"
"A little onion."
"A little onion, a little bread, a little wine, a little cheese, a little onion, a little bread, a little wine..."

Think Humphrey Bogart & Lulu Belle.

Just rewatched it about a week or so ago.

Sahara
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GIANTS1

LennG

Quote from: GIANTS1 on March 26, 2021, 12:38:14 PM
He used to be a big shot.

Glad to have some new blood into this.

This one is what some of us would call a 'softball'

The Roaring Twenties"

Charlie Weiss

GIANTS1

Right in your wheelhouse hey Lenn.  Your a machine.

LennG

Care to take a stab at my last quote that I just put up.

From a very, very famous movie, not to give too much away, let's just say somewhere in the 1960s

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lawrence of Arabia.

Good work on my latest quotes, Lenny.  BTW, although "Sahara" a lesser known movie of his, I think it's one of Bogart's best.

jimv

"Wadda you hear, wadda say?"

Hint:  Cagney & O'Brien.

GIANTS1

That's funny jim v I just put that in the other movie thread.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 26, 2021, 02:10:31 PM
Lawrence of Arabia.

Good work on my latest quotes, Lenny.  BTW, although "Sahara" a lesser known movie of his, I think it's one of Bogart's best.

Agree completely, definitely one of Bogey's best.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Classic quote:

"Give me a whiskey, ginger ale on the side.  And, don't be stingy, baby!"

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 29, 2021, 03:27:24 PM
Classic quote:

"Give me a whiskey, ginger ale on the side.  And, don't be stingy, baby!"

???????????????????  Sounds familiar, but I really don't have a clue

Something I can see Bogey saying, even Cagney, again, no clue

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, you were the only one I thought might get it.  It's a classic because it's the first dialogue ever spoken by Greta Garbo.  Now that I've told you that, want to take a shot at the name of ther picture?

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 29, 2021, 07:32:39 PM
Lenny, you were the only one I thought might get it.  It's a classic because it's the first dialogue ever spoken by Greta Garbo.  Now that I've told you that, want to take a shot at the name of ther picture?

Jim

I was NEVER a Garbo fan. Basically always tried to avoid most of her movies. I think I saw Ninotchka (whatever the spelling is for that), but that's about it. If it was from a Garbo movie, I wouldn't know it. I just never warmed up to her always dour image and her voice always got under my skin.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on March 29, 2021, 08:07:12 PM
Jim

I was NEVER a Garbo fan. Basically always tried to avoid most of her movies. I think I saw Ninotchka (whatever the spelling is for that), but that's about it. If it was from a Garbo movie, I wouldn't know it. I just never warmed up to her always dour image and her voice always got under my skin.

You spelled Ninotchka correctly. =D>  The quote is from "Anna Christie."