News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

New "Rumors"

Started by Jclayton92, April 23, 2024, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

https://youtu.be/dMMLisoAMJA?si=KF_UBHw7GCtc7AQJ

Had to post this because BBI was referenced as the source for a message thread from an insider for ChatSports Giants and thought it was funny.

Philosophers

Ha Ha listening to that is why I simply don't listen to podcasts.  To hear one person talk so much are like fingernails on a blackboard.  No news, just an opinion.

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on April 24, 2024, 08:52:16 AMHa Ha listening to that is why I simply don't listen to podcasts.  To hear one person talk so much are like fingernails on a blackboard.  No news, just an opinion.

LOL - Very true, Joe.  This appears to filmed from his mom's basement. 

Hadron

I always forget BBI is still around.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 23, 2024, 08:18:00 PMhttps://youtu.be/dMMLisoAMJA?si=KF_UBHw7GCtc7AQJ

Had to post this because BBI was referenced as the source for a message thread from an insider for ChatSports Giants and thought it was funny.

A commentary like this reminds me of a slightly modified old quote-  Draft rumors are like buttholes.  Everyone has one, and they usually stink.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: kingm56 on April 24, 2024, 08:56:12 AMLOL - Very true, Joe.  This appears to filmed from his mom's basement. 

Brother - Our society has devolved into a need for hearing opinions instead of news.  Ugh!!!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on April 24, 2024, 08:52:16 AMHa Ha listening to that is why I simply don't listen to podcasts.  To hear one person talk so much are like fingernails on a blackboard.  No news, just an opinion.

Joe,

In fairness, there is a goldmine of great information available via Podcasts.  You just need to know the ones worth listening to. 

Here are some of the ones I like to listen to:

Ones involving former NFL

GM Shuffle with former GM Mike Lombardi
Russ Tucker Football Podcast with former player Ross Tucker
The Athletic's Football Podcast with former GM Randy Mueller
Simms Complete with Phil Simms and his son Matt
Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks
Bleav in Giants with Carl Banks

Podcasts of Giants Beat Writers

Locked on Giants with Pat Traina
Blue Rush with Paul Schwartz
Breaking Big Blue with Jordan Raanan
All In with Art Stapleton
Talking Ball with Pat Leonard
Giants Insider with Chris Biz

Podcast of mega Giants fans (fans that know the Xs and Os)

Talkin Giants with Bobby Skinner and Jason Pennick
Big Blue Banter Podcast with Nick and Dan
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 09:09:46 AMJoe,

In fairness, there is a goldmine of great information available via Podcasts.  You just need to know the ones worth listening to. 

Here are some of the ones I like to listen to:

Ones involving former NFL

GM Shuffle with former GM Mike Lombardi
Russ Tucker Football Podcast with former player Ross Tucker
The Athletic's Football Podcast with former GM Randy Mueller
Simms Complete with Phil Simms and his son Matt
Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks
Bleav in Giants with Carl Banks

Podcasts of Giants Beat Writers

Locked on Giants with Pat Traina
Blue Rush with Paul Schwartz
Breaking Big Blue with Jordan Raanan
All In with Art Stapleton
Talking Ball with Pat Leonard
Giants Insider with Chris Biz

Podcast of mega Giants fans (fans that know the Xs and Os)

Talkin Giants with Bobby Skinner and Jason Pennick
Big Blue Banter Podcast with Nick and Dan

Thanks Rich for the list.  I know for example that the podcast by the Freakonomics guys is very good.  My problem is that I just simply can't hear a monologue for so long especially when the hosts "insert" their personality into the conversation in the hope of making it more colorful.

My father had a great quote which he seared into his us which was "you have one mouth and two ears and you should use them in that proportion."

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on April 24, 2024, 09:16:28 AMThanks Rich for the list.  I know for example that the podcast by the Freakonomics guys is very good.  My problem is that I just simply can't hear a monologue for so long especially when the hosts "insert" their personality into the conversation in the hope of making it more colorful.

My father had a great quote which he seared into his us which was "you have one mouth and two ears and you should use them in that proportion."

Your point about monologues appears to be a good one as most of these podcasts have co-hosts (and it's not uncommon to have guests).  By having two hosts they can play off one another and eliminate your issues that come with a lone host.

In fact, the only ones on my list with a single host are:

Ross Tucker (he does have frequent guests)
Traina
Raanan
Stapleton
Leonard

All the others on my list have at least two hosts

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

He does tequila shots during games as dares for superchat dollars. I think he's classic click bait.  :boooo:

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on April 24, 2024, 09:00:05 AMBrother - Our society has devolved into a need for hearing opinions instead of news.  Ugh!!!!

Indeed!  Why work when you can just sit in your moms basement and produce endless content all day?  We're just products from a different generation, Joe.   

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on April 24, 2024, 09:31:41 AMIndeed!  Why work when you can just sit in your moms basement and produce endless content all day?  We're just products from a different generation, Joe.   

On a related note, a coworker attended a meeting of a town's high school's best and brightest students (the mayor hosted it).   When she returned, she shared with me that there weren't students wishing to become doctors and the like among the group. Still, many had career aspirations of being social media influencers.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Still think Maye is going to the Pats. Schoen has to get an elite wr threat, which is both smart and sensible.

Maye means trading up..losing our #2 and next year's #1 at least. That's a big swing. And there no reason to believe that couldn't be bested by another team.

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 09:37:03 AMOn a related note, a coworker attended a meeting of a town's high school's best and brightest students (the mayor hosted it).  When she returned, she shared with me that there weren't students wishing to become doctors and the like among the group. Still, many had career aspirations of being social media influencers.

That comports with my interactions with young people.  My oldest son graduated with a double-major in electrical and mechanical engineering; this is great because he'll be supporting my youngest, who desperately wants to be a social media influencer (focusing on video games).  It's up to the middle son to determine if we're good parents or not  ;)   

katkavage

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 24, 2024, 09:39:07 AMStill think Maye is going to the Pats. Schoen has to get an elite wr threat, which is both smart and sensible.

Maye means trading up..losing our #2 and next year's #1 at least. That's a big swing. And there no reason to believe that couldn't be bested by another team.
Don't know what the Pats think. I don't see Denver giving up so many picks to get to three. Minnesota really is ideal for Penix. He would thrive there. Maye needs time to learn and get better. He fits better with the Giants or Pat who will not win next year. The Vikings can compete next year but not if they take a QB who needs to grow. McCarthy as well. I think either McCarthy or Maye are good fits for both the Giants and Pats.