News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Slayton skips workout, seeks new deal

Started by Stringer Bell, April 17, 2024, 06:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nb587

Quote from: Philosophers on April 18, 2024, 10:55:09 AMDo you think good QB play and good OL play would elevate Slayton's play further or is he sort of maxed out and at his ceiling?  In another words, can he become a very good X?
Short answer is no.  Long answer, he can be more productive than he's been.  But, if they draft a WR at 6, he won't get much of a chance especially if Hyatt learns to run his routes better as expected .  Slayton wont be worth the money he wants

londonblue

Slayton can be a steady WR2 on a team with a top WR1 and a slot threat. If he is realistic on his value he could be about to become that for us but he could also find himself WR4 behind Hyatt.

I can see that if we draft a WR at 6 he could get traded in draft to a receiver needy team like KC, NE, Denver or Buffalo with us getting eg a 4th in return for our 5th or an outright mid/late 5th.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Philosophers on April 18, 2024, 10:55:09 AMDo you think good QB play and good OL play would elevate Slayton's play further or is he sort of maxed out and at his ceiling?  In another words, can he become a very good X?

I don't see him as maxed out but I also don't see him as an "X".  He reminds me of someone like Devery Henderson.  If you put him opposite of a true X I think he becomes a better player and his yards/reception would increase. 

TDToomer

It is so predicable how this forum turns on any player who seeks a raise or extension.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on April 18, 2024, 11:17:15 AMSlayton can be a steady WR2 on a team with a top WR1 and a slot threat. If he is realistic on his value he could be about to become that for us but he could also find himself WR4 behind Hyatt.

I can see that if we draft a WR at 6 he could get traded in draft to a receiver needy team like KC, NE, Denver or Buffalo with us getting eg a 4th in return for our 5th or an outright mid/late 5th.

I would sign on to that trade
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE