News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will DJ Be Better With Nabers?

Started by Philosophers, April 25, 2024, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

If Nabers makes DJ a top 10 QB I will be jacked as I like DJ.  If he throws for 2,500 yards, 16 TDs, 9 INTs and is sacked 60+ times, I will really wonder about this pick.

Ed Vette

You have to pull DJ out from under the Bus Nabers threw him under first.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on April 25, 2024, 10:07:33 PMIf Nabers makes DJ a top 10 QB I will be jacked as I like DJ.  If he throws for 2,500 yards, 16 TDs, 9 INTs and is sacked 60+ times, I will really wonder about this pick.

If the line proves adequate, the receiving trio of Nabers, Hyatt, and Robinson should finally give DJ his first set of NFL-caliber receivers since he got to the NFL.

If Jones can stay healthy and he can overcome the trauma of last season, then there is a potential for Jones to be a top-10 guy
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DJN

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2024, 10:11:33 PMYou have to pull DJ out from under the Bus Nabers threw him under first.

I don't think that quote was meant for Jones...I think it was meant for Devito and Taylor

TONKA56

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2024, 10:11:33 PMYou have to pull DJ out from under the Bus Nabers threw him under first.

What's this about?

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 25, 2024, 10:14:52 PMIf the line proves adequate, the receiving trio of Nabers, Hyatt, and Robinson should finally give DJ his first set of NFL-caliber receivers since he got to the NFL.

If Jones can stay healthy and he can overcome the trauma of last season, then there is a potential for Jones to be a top-10 guy

I think you may want to add to your post - if Jones matures, learns how to make quicker reads, throws balls away instead of taking hits, learns to not lock onto receivers, then we will be in lockstep

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 25, 2024, 10:14:52 PMIf the line proves adequate, the receiving trio of Nabers, Hyatt, and Robinson should finally give DJ his first set of NFL-caliber receivers since he got to the NFL.

If the line proves adequate (by which I mean average) it will finally give DJ his first NFL-caliber offensive line since he got to the NFL.  If that happens and they get a modicum of health I think top ten is not out of the question.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

If DJ continues to throw 2 yard passes on 3rd and 12, Nabers will not have mattered.  DJ needs to throw downfield now.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Philosophers on April 25, 2024, 10:23:23 PMIf DJ continues to throw 2 yard passes on 3rd and 12, Nabers will not have mattered.  DJ needs to throw downfield now.

Hi Philo,

DJ has played in the NFL for five seasons now.

In two of those years when he had the 17th and 18th ranked offensive line he produced solid numbers.

If they give him just an average o line this year, combined with Nabers, who can take a 5 yards slant for 60, DJ will have a solid bounce back year, and the Giants will win again.

Please be well

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on April 25, 2024, 10:26:19 PMHi Philo,

DJ has played in the NFL for five seasons now.

In two of those years when he had the 17th and 18th ranked offensive line he produced solid numbers.

If they give him just an average o line this year, combined with Nabers, who can take a 5 yards slant for 60, DJ will have a solid bounce back year, and the Giants will win again.

Please be well

Let's hope. Schoen job is counting on it.

madbadger

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 25, 2024, 10:22:09 PMIf the line proves adequate (by which I mean average) it will finally give DJ his first NFL-caliber offensive line since he got to the NFL.  If that happens and they get a modicum of health I think top ten is not out of the question.

Don't think top 10 is realistic, but top 15 is.

Jolly Blue Giant

Nabers goes on the field with a warrior mindset. He plays WR like Payton ran the football and finds ways to get the ball and move the ball. He's a scrapper that will fight for the ball...harder than whoever is trying to stop him

We haven't seen the best of DJ. I'm hoping Bricillo can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and that the two newcomers to the line will gel with the rest of the line

One thing we know...DJ will be out there early and often to work with Nabers so that they will be on the same page
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Gmo11

Will he be better?  Probably.  But that's not exactly a high bar to reach.  Will he be excellent? Probably not.  He's just not a great QB.  Few are.  He has flashes that make you realize that the talent is there but that quickly is followed by about 3 or 4 crappy games to bring you back to reality. 

They will need to move on from Jones soon but clearly they didn't feel like these other 3 QBs were more valuable than Nabers.  I tend to agree that Nabers is a special talent and tough to pass up at #6...but until they get him a guy that con consistently get him the ball there's not much he can really do to help generate wins.

kingm56

Will he be better?  Yes, Nabers should provide some nice YAC to bolster DJ's abysmal passing production. Will he magically elevate DJ into the high-volume passer required to compete for SBs in the modern era...NO!

H-Town G-Fan

Probably marginally, but picking Nabers isn't so much about DJ as it is about the next QB.