News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DC Bowen on Isaiah Simmons

Started by MightyGiants, April 15, 2024, 01:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1779914505557864730

https://x.com/GiantInsider/status/1779910552304730515

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
When the Giants traded for Isaiah Simmons, it was mentioned that Wink had a plan for him.

With Simmons re-signing, Shane Bowen praised his skill set, but was also candid in saying that he did not know yet what role he would play. I took it as, he doesn't want to pigeon-hole him. Wants to get the players on the field, see where everyone fits and go from there.
12:50 PM · Apr 15, 2024
·
https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1779915144748843226
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

I believe he could be a rotational edge AND a center fielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Q. If I could follow up on a different angle. Isaiah Simmons is a guy that you guys brought back. Didn't have to, right. So obviously you have some kind of a vision for him. What is that vision? Where do you see him fitting in in your scheme?

SHANE BOWEN: Yeah, I'm excited he decided to come back. I'm excited we were able to get him back here. He's a unique skillset and I think it's a fine line for coaches. You see all the different, I guess, things he's able to do but you can't overload him.

We are going to have to work through the spring. Right now, I couldn't give you a definite answer. I really couldn't. I think some of that is going to depend on some of these other positions and how things play out. He's played outside. He's played deep. He's played inside. I think the versatility to play man coverage is a big asset. The versatility to blitz. We are going to work through that this spring and hopefully get him in a spot he feels most comfortable where he can be most productive for us
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

He could play the "spy" position if facing a dual threat QB, while in other games with a pocket type QB, could rotate with SS or one of the Mikes. He's very fast, big and strong, can take down a TE better than most safeties or even linebackers. And of course, he can be part of a rush package. I hope Bowen and him click and they both find a niche they're happy with
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

He is not effective covering all the time or being an Edge.  I think his best position is ILB where he can gap rush or run down side to side. 

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone