News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

QuoteGuess this is why we play this game, to get that blob on our shoulders moving a bit.

What should have been an easy word, took me 6 today. Ed

I got it in three. I used up all the most obvious letters so by the time I got to the third try, I could only come up with one word that used the two letters I had (albeit, in the wrong position). I wracked my brain trying to come up with any word with the sparse letters I had left to work with. As always, there's a little luck involved

My grid with the letters blocked out:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bill Brown

Took me 5. The streak has reached 33.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

Today's word was tough for me.  I mean I had the last letter and three other letters out of position but for the life of me, I couldn't think of a word that fit the letters I had to work with (minus the ones I knew weren't there).  I had to step away for a few minutes and come back to it before I thoughtt of it (I often find this an effective tool when I am stumped by any sort of problem, step away and come back to it)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Today was annoying. I had three greens on the second guess, and yet it still took me all six tries. In hindsight, I really should have had it in no worse than five, as my fifth guess was foolishly a more obscure word than the correct word (not the first time I have done this). But definitely a struggle for me today despite having plenty to work with early in the puzzle.

Jolly Blue Giant

I had the same problem and struggled to come up with the word. By the fourth try, I had three greens and no yellows and I had to really think to come up with a word...I think smoke was coming out my ears. Anyway, got it in five but was starting to worry. Weird because it's a fairly common word IMO

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 23, 2022, 09:59:31 AM
I had the same problem and struggled to come up with the word. By the fourth try, I had three greens and no yellows and I had to really think to come up with a word...I think smoke was coming out my ears. Anyway, got it in five but was starting to worry. Weird because it's a fairly common word IMO

Yeah, that is the weird part.  Hardly an obscure word.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bill Brown

I got it in 3 but took about a half hour to get it. After 2 I had the first 2 letters right and 1 in yellow. I created several words not in the list trying various combinations of letters. Agree that it is a common word.

Bill

LennG

Took me 5, (and a lot of thinking), but, as was said, not an obscure word, just problematic. My problem was, for the most part, I had the E in yellow,a nd the I in green so I
was trying to put it in the 4th slot and not at the end. When I finally did that, the word appeared.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

well, I am glad I wasn't the only one that struggled.   After figuring out the word, I was sort of embarrassed that it was such a challenge, so it's nice to see that I wasn't the only one to struggle.  Bravo to whoever picked today's word  =D>
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I got it in two but there were several word options and I guessed correctly.

Wordle 338 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

Took all 6 today. Just one of those with a bunch of letters that took forever to get right.

Bill

Ed Vette

I got it in three after having two letters in the wrong spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Three as well today. My second guess put me in prime position to get it in three.

Jolly Blue Giant

I struggled because of poor choices in my first two attempts - got it in 5  Redfaced

LennG

Just struggles with this word. I only had 1 green and 1 yellow and I did get it in 6.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss