News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Back Surgery or No Back Surgery?

Started by squibber, March 09, 2024, 08:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squibber

Chris,

My surgery will be May 6. It will be a laminectomy and a spinal fusion between L3 and L4.

I heard the neurosurgeon and his PA visits patients after surgery so that is comforting to know.

I appreciate the prayers! Thanks!

LennG

Lets hope for the best Squib and keep us in the know. I'm sure it will help, it has to.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Sem

Squib, best of luck, I hope everything goes well and your surgery brings you relief. Lose the pain but retain your sense of humor!!

All the best,
Steve

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: squibber on April 16, 2024, 01:33:12 PMChris,

My surgery will be May 6. It will be a laminectomy and a spinal fusion between L3 and L4.

I heard the neurosurgeon and his PA visits patients after surgery so that is comforting to know.

I appreciate the prayers! Thanks!

Good luck with the surgery. It's exactly what I went through, and I've been pain free for over 20 years. What I didn't expect, was the amount of post surgery rehab I was going to have to go through. What I thought would be a few weeks turned into a few months. I could function at work with no problem (desk job), but my golf swing went all to hell and I never got it back. Of course, when you golf 6-10 times a year, no one gets better of course...unless one is such a gifted athlete that it's natural to hit that little #$%^#@ white ball where you want it to go...I think. For me, I was afraid to twist very far in my follow through. I accused my doctor of putting a hook shim in my back. Regardless, it should go well. It's old hat to many orthopedic surgeons in this day and age, with far superior medical equipment. You might be limited for a few months, but the pain is gone...and that's a biggie
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

squibber

Ric, Thanks. That's encouraging to hear. I'm glad your surgery was a success.

My three surgeons will be Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard. I'm in good hands. Haha