News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chief

<<My oldest is shipping off with the Navy in Jan 2010.>>

Welcome Joeker and God Bless your boy and all who serve with him

1st Battalion, 70th Armor
24th Inf. Div.
Gablingen Kaserne
Augsburg, Germany
9/66-4/68

LennG

Chief

Don't know if I mentioned it in another post, but we were in Germany at the same time
Ramstein AFB 9/66--9/69.

Were you that guy I wanted to buy a beer for, in that bar in Heidleburg??? :laugh: :laugh: For some unknown reason, a few of us, on these boards, have served at Ramstein. In fact, we have one there right now, doing his second tour there.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

The Chief

Quote from: LennG on September 14, 2009, 06:02:23 PM
Chief

Don't know if I mentioned it in another post, but we were in Germany at the same time
Ramstein AFB 9/66--9/69.

Were you that guy I wanted to buy a beer for, in that bar in Heidleburg??? :laugh: :laugh: For some unknown reason, a few of us, on these boards, have served at Ramstein. In fact, we have one there right now, doing his second tour there.

Never made it there.  Got to Munich a couple of times and spent some time in Garmisch (sp) next to the Zugsptze (sp), the highest mountain in Germany.  Saw people swimming in the lake in the morning and skiing on top in the afternoon.  Cable car ride to the top was spectacular.

Overall, liked the tour.

BigBlueFanInFla

Aout me:
I'm 45 years old living in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Grew up in the NY/NJ area, graduated from SJR in Montvale, NJ. Left NY in 1981 to attend the "U". Been here ever since. My family still lives in the NY area.

Been a Giants fan since 1975.  I am a Civil Engineer building roads and bridges in South Fla. and probably the biggest NYG FAN in the entire state.
I've been married for 25 years and have 3 kids, 25-22-20, 2 of the 3 are hugh Giants fans. My wife is a hugh Dolphins fans and has her own season tickets. No accounting for taste, I guess.

It's good to be on board!

LennG

Welcome BBFIF

We have quite a contingent in the Sunshine State. Don't put up a sign that reads, 'Florida Giants fans meet here' or you will stampede at your front door. led by our own florida wizard, 'The weeze', who has lived thru more hurricanes then they can remember.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

terrymeisner

My wife is a hugh Dolphins fans and has her own season tickets. No accounting for taste, I guess.

bbfif....first of all , welcome to the board

do you attend dolphins games with your wife?....if yes, what happens when the Giants are playing at the same time?....go Giants!!!!!

Sam56

I (and my family) were stationed at Ramstein AFB from 6/72 to 12/76. Picked up my AA and BS there through the University of Maryland studies they had on the base.

e39driver

1)  Live in Hilton Head Island, SC  / work in nVA / grew up in West Babylon, LI-NY

2)  Since 1956 :what: - the mid '60's 'til the mid-80's was a miserable stretch for us  >:( 2

3)  Information Systems Architect

4a) Four grown children (and a dog  ;) ) who are ardent GIANTS fans!

4b) Love to see the GMen beat the 'Skins at FedEx
Ken

"There are fans and then there are GIANTS fans . . . 'nuf said!"

e39driver

Quote from: UniHamachi on October 15, 2007, 08:01:20 PM
Married for 3 1/2 years with a 2 year old daughter who WILL be a Ginats fan.

You got that right . . . I have 3 boys and a girl . . . and my daughter is fiercest GIANTS fan of them all!

She has 2 dogs named Tiki and Eli  :yes:
Ken

Jim143

I know I welcomed Joeker personally - but to the rest of the Tailgaters. . .welcome aboard. .
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

Sam56

e39driver,

Lived in Baldwin, LI for Jr. High and Levittown, LI for high school (where I met my wife who lived in Seaford. We both went to Island Trees HS). Long Islanders all.

My best friend in HS had a girl friend Diane Herman who lived in West Babylon.

e39driver

Quote from: Sam56 on September 20, 2009, 04:54:42 PM

My best friend in HS had a girl friend Diane Herman who lived in West Babylon.

Don't recognize the name, but then again I graduated before the ice age, in 1968.
Ken

Sam56

I graduated in 1960 and my wife in 1961. Absolutely prehistoric, I guess.

Jim143

Quoteand probably the biggest NYG FAN in the entire state.

BigBlueFanInFla

Welcome aboard.  I don't know if I would agree with that statement (since there is a decent size contingent representing the Sunshine State (or in Weeze's case - the Hurricane State)  . . .  but we do have the state covered.

You can lay claim to the "biggest NYG FAN" in the South, Weeze can have the South/Central West, FLADan Can have South/Central East, SonofMojo can have Central Florida (east to west) and I'll take the North East Florida Territory. . .(cant remember if anyone has the pan-handle and Western Florida claimed yet). . . :ok:
:D :D

"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

gregf

Max 6825. Were neighbors.  I live in Cordelia.
Jim Joker Chief. Great to hear about your backgrounds.
Been in California 18 years.  Grew up long Island. 4 years USMC. Oil refinery operaot 16 years. My 2 boys, 17 and 9 are the world to me. Love Giants, boating, dirtbiking, and cruising.