News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcwilli

Hello Big Blue Huddlers, I am new to your site.
I live in suburban Philadelphia and have been here for 32 years.
I grew up in North Jersey and have been a Giants fan since 1974 (first trip to Yale Bowl).
My Dad got us season tickets in 1975 and we had them until 1994.
I work in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Strange but true fact: I married into a true Philadelphia Eagle family (my father in law is Chuck Bednarik); I have successfully converted my wife to the Big Blue!
I plan to be there tomorrow to see the final game at Giants Stadium.

Sam56

"my father in law is Chuck Bednarik"

One of the greatest Eagles of alltime (a Hall of Famer). Probably one of the last living Eagles with an NFL Championship (1960).

And for all you younger ones, Mr. Bednarik was the player who (legally) tackled our great Hall of Famer Frank Gifford and knocked him out of football for about 18 months.

Mcwilli, you have one hell of a father-in-law!

Welcome to our site.

sooners56

1). My name is Dale and I am from Enid, Oklahoma and currently I am living in Denver, Colorado

2) I have been a Giants fan for roughly 20 years of my 29 years of existence. I really don't remember how I began to like the Giants considering I lived in Cowboy country.

3) I am an operations manager for an online scale company, OldWillKnottScales

4) I love Giants football and I am an Oklahoma Sooners football fan as well! I love fishing, hunting, motorcycles & football.
Favorite Giant of all time is LT, then Rodney Hampton.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

londonblue

Hi All,

I live in Britain - in London (and have done since my teens) but originally from NYC
I've been a Giant since the second I was born (43 years)
I'm a partner in an international consulting firm
I'm also a mad keen soccer fan and Everton fan (Mum was originally from Liverpool UK)
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

jimv

MightyGiants

Welcome LondonBlue, you will find there are a few other UK fans on our board
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

murderhill

OK  I don't think I ever got around to doing this so here goes: Name's Dennis, currently live in upstate northeastern NY an hour south of Montreal.  Born in 1947.  ready to retire.  Work for public housing modernizing the buildings.  Mostly contract management work.  Grew up in the Bronx and then the Catskills.  Played football "like a pack of crazed dogs" in HS but I was on a fairly crappy team so we lost a lot.  I made all league as a def. end.  Joined the USMC,  Went to Viet Nam in 67-68.
Married 38 years brought three children to adulthood.  Probably the thing I am most proud of is working with my wife to get three competent, smart, creative humans successfully into the world.  I've worked as a forest ranger, a hotel dining room waiter, a golf course maintenance superintendant, a landscaper- oh the list goes on and on. 
I ran a Cub scout troupe, coached baseball and soccer.  Tried to establish a children's museum in our hometown.   (failed) .  Giants fan since 59.  Met YA Tittle and Del Shofner when they first came to NY at Fordham U.  where they trained back then.  Had a whole bunch of football cards  with signatures but I don't have a clue what happened to them. 
Got 11 acres and a house that I built myself.  We lived here without running water or electricity for about 11 years.  Did some homeschooling. two of the kids were home births.  I'm always busy repairing cars, trucks, motorcycles, chainsaws, mowers and doing all that living on the land stuff like a garden, cutting and splitting firewood, drinking homemade beer (I want to figure out how to make a good whisky but I'll be dead before it ages enough.)  I'm also a Knicks fan (oh the shame) and love to watch soccer.  I play table tennis at a fairly accomplished level.  (like a crazed dog) Play in tournaments up in Montreal and over in Vermont.  I write the occasional poem, plan on making short films in my dotage.  That aught to be more than enough.

jimv

Good write-up, murder.  I'll give my official welcome.  Obviously, you don't live far from Plattsburg.  When I lived in S. Burlington VT, I used to do my USAFR training at the base.  Boy, that ferry ride across from Grand Isle in the winter was something!  Is it still running or have they built a bridge?

murderhill

QuoteGood write-up, murder.  I'll give my official welcome.  Obviously, you don't live far from Plattsburg.  When I lived in S. Burlington VT, I used to do my USAFR training at the base.  Boy, that ferry ride across from Grand Isle in the winter was something!  Is it still running or have they built a bridge?
Posted by: murderhill
I work in Plattsburgh, live 20 minutes northwest of town.  About ten years ago the ferry company bought a ferry that had an ice cutter front but they could have saved their money because winters have been pretty mild for quite a while.  The biggest problem with the ferry ride comes when the wind is out of the south.  Then it gets hairy but in the winter the prevailing winds are out of the west/northwest.  The airbase was shut down in 95 and they've relocated the town airbase to that location and now it's called "Pittsburgh International Airport".  No more bombers or tankers, just flights down to Orlando and Myrtle Beach.  I think it's mostly Canadian traffic.

jimv

murder, it brings back memories.  I know about the stong south winds.  When I there, i ran the NWS Office in Burlington ('66 - '71).  One winter I made the last trip on that ferry before they closed it down for the rest of the winter. That was a toughie :o with blocks of ice clanging against the sides of the boat  I was happy I made it! #:-S

Matt

Hey peeps this is Matt, I live in Maryland and I'm 39.  I grew up in CT and started rooting for the Giants in 1986 (was also a Mets fan, what a great year that was  8))).  My wife and all of my inlaws are die-hard Eagles fans so it's good to be here amongst the good guys.  I work from home as a telecom project manager.  I've only been to one game, in 1992 vs. Green Bay which was noteworthy because LT ruptured his achilles and was lost for the rest of the season.  After that I moved to Atlanta for 12 years which was an NFL wasteland -- the Falcons were blacked out most weeks and there was no Sunday Ticket, so I focused on chasing tail and kind of lost touch with the G-men.  Since moving back up north I'm die-hard again and I love the team's current makeup.  Went to the open practice on Tuesday which was a blast.  Someone from this site gave me a roster which is how I found this forum (thanks whoever that was!).

My wife wants us to go see the Giants in the new stadium next year, for my 40th birthday.  It's only fair since I've gone to countless Eagles games with her and her obnoxious screaming Philly friends and family not to mention the Phillies rally after they won the WS.  Then she accompanied me and my cousins to the Canyon of Heroes to celebrate the miracle against the Pats (18-1 baby!!!).  Seriously, what could ever top that experience??

Anyway, don't want to ramble too much.  See you in the forums.

MightyGiants

Welcome aboard Matt, sound like you will fit in well.  Enjoy the forums.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyg

Quote from: andrew_nyg on October 22, 2008, 01:58:31 PM

1)  What part of the Country do you live in? Atlanta Georgia

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? Since 1970 (I was 8 years old)

3)  What do you do for a living? I am a Sports Marketing Account Manager

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? I was born in Canton, Ohio where my father was a Barber in the city. He enjoyed the good fortune of being "The" barber that all of the enshrinees, coaches, players etc. came to see for a clean up before Saturday. When I was a kid, I used to shine shoes of the men in the chair. Needless to say there were some great memories of that shop...and I could make this an exhaustive post. Suffice it to say, that's when football...and the Giants got in my blood, and it's never left.

Edit to add:

I've relocated to Los Angeles to run a sports marketing firm which represents all of the radio play by play broadcasts for every NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL team...as well as select college programs. After 9 years in the south, I'm ecstatic to be back in LA!
A modest view of your future brings modest results and rewards. Think BIG and give people the opportunity to WIN BIG.