News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SML1156

Hey there.....good to be here.
I was on the other board for a couple of years and was glad to finally find this board. I was wondering where all the regulars went.

Let's see......

I'm 34 years old and live in Bergen County. I have been a Giant fan for as long as I can remember. My family has had tickets since the Polo Grounds and I have been going full time since 1984. This is actually my father's 51st year going to the games. Before that it was my Grandfather and his crew.

I've been married for almost a year and I work in financial services.
My favorite all time player is Simms, and my favorite game of all time is the 1990 Championship game against the 49ers. IT'S OVER FOR THE THREE-PEET!

babywhales

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?
Columbia County, Wisconsin   
Born in Ridgewood, NJ lived throughout Jersey and then in Bucks County, PA until my early 20's

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?
Family has had tickets since 78, I do not remember it any other way

3)  What do you do for a living?
     Soil Scientist by training, in the past and maybe in the future
     Although I am currently working as a watershed planner and lake planner due to the  family friendly hours (very little evenings and weekends)

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?
    Husband and father (7yrs and 3yrs respectfully)
    36yrs old
    Enjoy community service (work at homeless shelter, Big Brother, volunteer as a             consultant/adviser to local government, serve on other 501C3 Boards)
In my free time I love to hunt and fish
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

MightyGiants

Born in Ridgewood, NJ lived throughout Jersey and then in Bucks County, PA until early 20's

36yrs old

Is there a typo in this BabyWhales, or am I not that good with math? :-??
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveinMD

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 25, 2007, 10:47:23 AM
Born in Ridgewood, NJ lived throughout Jersey and then in Bucks County, PA until early 20's

36yrs old

Is there a typo in this BabyWhales, or am I not that good with math? :-??

Until his early 20s, not the 1920's.  :-)

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

MG,
your math is just fine I was born in 1904 moved from Ridgewood at 18 in 1922, I am 103 yrs old.   With a 3yr old too,  not bad for an old timer

Just kidding, made the change to add clarity
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

T200

I guess those fertility pills work on men too!    =))
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

TDToomer

I'm fairly new here but kept my screenname from other boards so I shouldn't be that much of a newbie. 

Originally Long Island but now West of Boston.   There are a lot of Giants fans up here as they used to be the only team on TV prior to the merger.

1981 at age 9.  Prior to that I only really watched the playoffs and actually pulled for the Cowboys but this year I was fully converted to the Giants after they needed to beat the heavily favored Cowboys in the last hame of the season on OT. 

Loan processor in a down mortgage market

I get the shakes if I miss a second of a Giants game.  I bleed blue and can't sit still during games.  I wear a white jersey when the Giants do, and blue when they wear blue.  I'm always looking for new apparel, especially for my baby girl.  I just got a her a Giants binky.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

montanagiant

From
Pittsford, NY

Live in
Southern Minnesota

Been a fan since:
1975, at first because all my family were big Bills fans and i was always the black sheep of the family

Career
I own my own business which mainly is involved with assisting Insurance Co's with severe storm damage appraisal and repair. We currently have 7 offices through-out the central plains and mid-west.

Misc.
I need to get to Florida and show Weeze how to drink and fish

fast_eddy

Hello Everybody.  :D

1)  I live in Rotterdam, NY, which is a little bit west of Albany.

2)  For as long as I can remember. My Brother got me in to them.

3)  I am a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator for the NYS Court System

4) It's been a while since I was into the Game, my geek side has had me out of it. Thanks to George I'm now back in the game and look forward to many more get-togethers in FishKill, NY as well as tailgating in NJ.  ;D

MightyGiants

Welcome Fast Eddy!  Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more at the Fish Kill gathering.  I look forward to seeing your posts.

Regards,

Rich

Also a belated welcome to SML and any other new people, I might have missed.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

terrymeisner

welcome aboard eddy....glad to have you with us....go Giants!!!!!

TheMcThrill

Recently moved to West 71st st in Manhattan after living in Washington DC.  Grew up in a military family but I guess you could call Massachusetts home.

As long as I can remember.  First team I ever cared about.  When I was 4 and living in Maine I can vaguely remember watching of XXI, watched it many times since.  Remember loving to say "Stephen Baker the Touchdown Maker."

I am a Compliance Recruiter at a search firm in the city.  Worked for two years as an admissions counselor at my alma mater of American University immediately after graduation.

Was a member of the BBWC since 2002, and am really enjoying the new board.  One of the younger guys on the board but have always enjoyed the respectful discourse available through the Giants boards.  Never lived in the NY area before now and I'm so excited to finally be able to root for the home town team.

DesG89

1. I live in New York City. The suburbs of Jamaica, Queens to be exact. Well as suburban as Jamaica can be

2. I've been a fan since the '89 season. Hence the name I use

3. I am a shipping and receiving clerk for a bridal company.

4. Aside from working my 9 to 5 to take care of myself and my 3 children, there's not much else to me

terrymeisner

nice to see you here, des....you forgot to add your play-by-play skills, which did a great service to a lot of people....cheers bud....go Giants!!!!!