News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I second Jims Welcome Bob. Good to have you here.

This is just a great spot to talk Giants football without any of the garbage that goes with many other sites like this. Obviously, this is a slow time of year for all football fans, but we chug thru, but wait until the season gets going, this place rocks.

Hope to see and hear more from you.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

bobalobabingbong

Quote from: LennG on May 28, 2013, 01:11:26 PM

I second Jims Welcome Bob. Good to have you here.

This is just a great spot to talk Giants football without any of the garbage that goes with many other sites like this. Obviously, this is a slow time of year for all football fans, but we chug thru, but wait until the season gets going, this place rocks.

Hope to see and hear more from you.
Apologies for the late reply. I appreciate the welcome. I actually joined to get a fix of football during the off season. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

erikblue

Hey all, new to the Giants community and extremely excited for it, can't wait for even preseason to kick off.

1)  What part of the Country do you live in? Upstate NY (Albany area). If anyone can recommend good bars in the area brimming with Giants fans, I'd really appreciate any advice.

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? 4 years after moving to NY from CA and getting back into following the NFL and all 32 teams, and couldn't be happier.

3)  What do you do for a living? Paralegal with a small local company.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? If there are any groups of Giants fans in the Albany metro area looking to get bigger and cheer even louder for Big Blue, let me know.
New to the Albany, NY area and looking for fellow Giants fans to cheer on with.

Bill Brown

Welcome to the board Erik.  You have found the best Giants fan board there is.  You will find a whole lot of knowledgeable, polite and friendly people here.  Just watch out for Lenn and Jimv.  They are old and tend to be grouchy.  =)) =)) =))

There are some fans in the Albany area and will introduce themselves.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

erikblue

jimv

Welcome aboard, Erik!!!  Don't believe everything Bill says.  He's just jealous that he hasn't been a Giant fan as long as Lenny & I. =)) =)) =))  Great to have you! :ok: <:-P

Nyfg83

Hi everyone!

1) Clyde New York (upstate)

2) since around 83

3) co owner with my brother doing custom powder coating since 2005 (ultimatefinishersinc.com)

4) love the USA, our troops, and can't stand the cowpokes!

LennG

Erik

First let me also welcome you to our place. And do NOT believe anything you have been told, Jim, and I are just lovable old foggies. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

As far as being in the Albany area, we have several members who reside a few blocks from you (maybe). Sorry you just found out about us, but for more years than we can count, we have always done a weekend thing at training camp for the group, families and all. We are all heartbroken that camp is now at the Timex center and our Albany days may be over.

Anyway Giantguy (George) lives in Troy and he can put you in touch with several others from the area.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: Nyfg83 on July 11, 2013, 03:39:33 PM
Hi everyone!

1) Clyde New York (upstate)

2) since around 83

3) co owner with my brother doing custom powder coating since 2005 (ultimatefinishersinc.com)

4) love the USA, our troops, and can't stand the cowpokes!

A warm welcome to you. You have found the best spot on the internet for talking Giants football. Other places may be larger, but over here, we are known for intelligent talk. No smack, no flamers, just a bunch of Giant fans who love their team and always want to discuss them.

Hope to see and hear a lot more from you. Times are slow now, but in a few weeks watch out. Big Blue takes the field once again.

Charlie Weiss

erikblue

Quote from: LennG on July 11, 2013, 04:09:44 PM
Erik

First let me also welcome you to our place. And do NOT believe anything you have been told, Jim, and I are just lovable old foggies. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

As far as being in the Albany area, we have several members who reside a few blocks from you (maybe). Sorry you just found out about us, but for more years than we can count, we have always done a weekend thing at training camp for the group, families and all. We are all heartbroken that camp is now at the Timex center and our Albany days may be over.

Anyway Giantguy (George) lives in Troy and he can put you in touch with several others from the area.

Haha, thanks Lenny and roger that re: you and Jim. I agree that my timing is very unfortunate given the recent relocation of training camp, but glad to hear there's still a solid Giants contingent up here! Looking forward to it.

giantsguy

Quote from: erikblue on July 11, 2013, 04:17:33 PM
Quote from: LennG on July 11, 2013, 04:09:44 PM
Erik

Haha, thanks Lenny and roger that re: you and Jim. I agree that my timing is very unfortunate given the recent relocation of training camp, but glad to hear there's still a solid Giants contingent up here! Looking forward to it.

Hi Erik... first, welcome to the Board, you won't find one better.  I live in Troy and there are a few of us in the local area.  There's a guy on the Board [an Admin. actually] named RemembersHuff... he's from the Albany area as well, but you may want to disregard any directions he gives you, he gets lost a lot.

PM me and we can discuss places to go for games and some get-togethers.  My son is a huge fan as well and I'm sure he'd love to join-in. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

RemembersHuff

Erik, my directions are fine - and I now have a GPS that runs through the car's 8-speaker stereo so I can turn it up louder than whoever happens to be in the passenger seat **cough**. (George, you act like PA isn't a nice state. I was trying to surprise you with a trip to see Joey in Scranton and you went and spoiled it.)

Welcome to Albany! I think you'll find most of the sports bars here have a big contingent of Giants fans -- they're the Capital Region's favorite team by a decent margin, followed by the Jets, with a smattering of Bills and Pats fans.

I'll shoot you a private message with my contact info in case you need any info about your new home base. I've been here since I was a teenager in the 70's - not as long as George, who used to trade for beaver pelts with the French and Indian trappers who traversed the Hudson, but long enough to know my way around.

Kevin

JoeP

I started in the right field mezzanine of Yankee Stadium in the early 60's, survived the Yale Bowl, and made it to the old Meadowlands.

Late night TV games, PSLs, horrible traffic and overpriced tickets have managed to drive me away.

One a year, I will pay the price for a single game, a Sunday at 1PM in October, and enjoy football the way it was supposed to be enjoyed.

The traffic and parking still stinks, but... occasionally I feel the need.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JoeP on July 21, 2013, 01:09:40 PM
I started in the right field mezzanine of Yankee Stadium in the early 60's, survived the Yale Bowl, and made it to the old Meadowlands.

Late night TV games, PSLs, horrible traffic and overpriced tickets have managed to drive me away.

One a year, I will pay the price for a single game, a Sunday at 1PM in October, and enjoy football the way it was supposed to be enjoyed.

The traffic and parking still stinks, but... occasionally I feel the need.

Sounds good to me, I sort of like the the same plan 1 (or 2 ) live games a season.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bye_H8er

1) New York City (Bronx)

2) Around the time the Giants beat the Bills in the Superbowl

3) Frontdesk in a residential building (doorman)

4) Hispanic male

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD