News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on April 08, 2019, 09:05:31 PM
Hello Folks, My name is Lou and I just found this site and joined about a week ago.

1)  What part of the Country do you live in? Born and raised on Long Island, but now live in the Dallas area. A bad place to be if you hate the Cowboys as much as I do!

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? For as long as I've been watching football, so, some 40+ years

3)  What do you do for a living? I work for the local PD in a civilian capacity

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? Also a huge NY Rangers fan!

Welcome Lou. We have a few posters who live in or around the Dallas area.

Hope to see and hear a lot more from you.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: ozzie on April 08, 2019, 09:05:31 PM
Hello Folks, My name is Lou and I just found this site and joined about a week ago.

1)  What part of the Country do you live in? Born and raised on Long Island, but now live in the Dallas area. A bad place to be if you hate the Cowboys as much as I do!

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? For as long as I've been watching football, so, some 40+ years

3)  What do you do for a living? I work for the local PD in a civilian capacity

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? Also a huge NY Rangers fan!

Hi Lou, welcome!
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

WastedHippy

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?   - Sydney, Australia

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?  I would say close to 20 years now. I first started watching when Kerry Collins was our quarterback throwing it to Amani Toomer

3)  What do you do for a living? Support worker for kids with disabilities while completing my Masters in Teaching (in my final year)

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? Stumbled across this message board the other week, figured I'd sign up after being a long time Giants fan

jimv

LennG

Quote from: WastedHippy on December 19, 2019, 05:28:27 AM
1)  What part of the Country do you live in?   - Sydney, Australia

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?  I would say close to 20 years now. I first started watching when Kerry Collins was our quarterback throwing it to Amani Toomer

3)  What do you do for a living? Support worker for kids with disabilities while completing my Masters in Teaching (in my final year)

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? Stumbled across this message board the other week, figured I'd sign up after being a long time Giants fan

Love your screen name

Another welcome to you.

If I may ask, how did you start rooting for the Giants?

We have several posters from London and a few from other parts of the world.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

WastedHippy

Quote from: LennG on December 19, 2019, 02:25:12 PM
Love your screen name

Another welcome to you.

If I may ask, how did you start rooting for the Giants?

We have several posters from London and a few from other parts of the world.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

It is actually a pretty ridiculous way to become a fan but at the same time I like that it was completely random (especially being in Aus where NFL isn't huge)...anyway I was like 11 or 12 years old and got my first Madden game, had no idea what team to choose but for some reason thought New York was a cool place so I picked the Giants and obviously got familiar with the players. The following year I watched my first season and I was hooked and havent missed a game since haha on reflecting I think I've been pretty lucky to be able to witness two superbowls and have such stability in the QB position over the time I've been watching. Finally made it to a live game two years ago, one of the best experiences for sure

eilasidogruoy

I live in Kentucky about 30 min East of Louisville. Giants fan since the 70s, I work for AT&T installing and maintaining internet, tv and phone.
And all that in them is.

MightyGiants

Quote from: eilasidogruoy on January 13, 2020, 03:48:03 PM
I live in Kentucky. Giants fan since the 70s, I work for AT&T installing and maintaining internet, tv and phone.

Welcome  :greetings:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MagicRat

Hi all.

I'm from Scotland (live in the Highlands), my real-world name is Ken

Been a Giants fan since roughly 84 ish.

Story is, Channel 4 in the UK started showing the NFL following its lauch in 1982.

At that time you had a highlights show round about 6pm on Sunday evening (1pm ET) basically a round up show of the previous week's games (this was pre-internet and satellite TV.....ask your parents kids).

The format was (as I recall) that there was extended highlights (i.e. 15 minutes or so) of two or three games with round ups of the other games.

So I started watching it without really understanding the game, just the spectacle.

As time passed I got a better handle on the rules etc and started to follow the game.

Anyway, as some will glean from my user name, I'm a massive Bruce Springsteen fan.
In 84 he released Born in the USA and announced a massive UK tour in 85.

I was already aware of the Giants' New Jersey connection, which was my initial "in" but at this time when C4 showed any Giants' highlights they'd accompany it with a blast of Bruce, due to the pre-tour domestic publicity here.

I remember this happening regularly, though it maybe just happened a couple of times, but it sealed my Giants fandom.

Of course the best Giants team of the modern era happened along soon after that, so maybe there's a front-runner element also.

But I've stuck with it through thick and thin ever since.

NFL fans in the UK of a certain age will recall the demands of fandom in those early days, the AFN (American Forces Network) was a God-send.

The live commentaries were the only live action available in the regular season.

The reception on a.m. was garbage, there'd be a third and two and the commentary would crackle away and you'd be left with some German oompah music.

But as time passed technology advanced and coverage improved it became less demanding to follow the game (beyond the time difference) and now every game is watchable with relative ease.

I still miss those early, static filled, commentaries .......and I still recall the despair when the phrase "Hey Flipper Anderson, for all you do this Bud's for you" came all too clearly over the airwaves.

Now I'm a middle-aged man who should know better and keeps dreadfully unsociable weekend hours from September through January in pursuit of my Jints obsession.

Smell my cheese you mother!

jimv

Ron in NJ

Hello

I live in NJ but my name is not Ron
Been a giant fan my entire life, both parents are big fans
Been posting on giants message boards for a long time, originally on the giants.com boards and then on one of the other boards until the moderators got too heavy handed for my liking.

Looking forward to discussing the team and other topics with you guys.