News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle Annual BBQ and Get Together 2012

Started by vette5573, June 07, 2012, 08:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

I think the Moderator Group should vote and decide based on the information compiled and a short discussion. With Weeze bringing 7 for Sunday, it's pretty close.

I have to say that to me, it makes the most sense to do practice Saturday, dinner Saturday night and then BBQ around 12 on Sunday. It just makes it spread out a bit without rushing around.

That would be my decision. Lenn, Jim, Kevin, Brian and Rich should comment on the Moderator board.

I'd like to finalize this ASAP so everyone can plan accordingly.

MightyGiants

I think there should be activities Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  People make what they can make.  That way every will get a chance to at least meet up with some BBHers and those making a longer trip will have something to do Sunday before heading back.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

giantsguy

BIGWEEZE and he said he had like 1/2 a dozen folding chairs he can bring along.

Great...

I agree also that something to do on successive nights/days might be a way for everyone to participate in at least one event. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

todge

Count me in - will be there for the entire weekend.

vette5573

Quote from: todge on June 14, 2012, 05:26:43 PM
Count me in - will be there for the entire weekend.

That's great Todge!!!

mbigblue

murderhill

Quote from: vette on June 12, 2012, 09:53:19 AM
Quote from: murderhill on June 12, 2012, 09:25:10 AM
no vote- I'm coming but it will be at the end of a three week trip on the motorcycle down to Fla. and back.  What day won't matter to me.

Are you bringing anyone else from the Hill family? Need a head count.
I was hoping to bring Mrs Murderhill but she doesn't get back from Shanghai (to see grandchildren) untill the 9th.   

So it's the one and only me. 

giantsguy

Mudder, that's too bad, but if for some reason she makes it back early, she is always welcome. 
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

vette5573

Check this list over and let me know if I need to make a change. Again, how many are coming in your party?
We can talk about the dinner after we settle this.

Saturday BBQ after practice-  ps11yat14- 2, Somersjoe-1, Tomeee-1, mbigBlue-2, Pagan, Zeph-1

Sunday BBQ- Jaime, Res, LennG, Webster29,

Open to either day for the BBQ-  Vette-2, Weeze-2, MightyGiants, PresidentRick, GiantsGuy, TerryMeisner-1, Whales, JimV-2, MurderHill-1, Todge-1,

weeze

weeze, 2 to 7 pewople depending on the day of the barbq. id like sunday for the bar b q so my whole family can attend.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

vette5573

So, what if there is a dinner for anyone in Albany on Friday night, an early supper after practice on Saturday (called a Lupper or Linner) and the BBQ on Sunday?

Does that work for everyone? Any vehement objections?

weeze

PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

giantsguy

Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

jimv

Works for me IF Paul goes & drives us over.  What time would the BBQ be on Sunday?  I hope it's early enough so we can drive back to ME after it.

vette5573

Quote from: jimv on June 15, 2012, 08:11:21 PM
Works for me IF Paul goes & drives us over.  What time would the BBQ be on Sunday?  I hope it's early enough so we can drive back to ME after it.

We'll send the company jet.