News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Re: Good (or bad) Movies PART 2

Started by LennG, January 23, 2017, 07:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

The 'Hustler' was a great movie and it was made better by a magnificent performance by Ralph Kramden--NO, only kidding, Jackie Gleason was the best and completely off character for him.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Both Gleason and Newman did a lot of the pool shots themselves. Gleason was a very good pool player and Newman bought a pool table and spent hours learning how to play.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jimv

I just finished watching "Father Stu."  As a Catholic, I found this true story not only interesting but actually inspirational.  It's filled with cursing and continued use of the F word.  Mark Wahlberg is sensational as Stu.  And Mel Gibson does a good job as Stu's father.  It's definitely worth a watch.