News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Banks on Daniel Jones

Started by MightyGiants, February 04, 2024, 07:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on February 05, 2024, 10:24:04 AMBanks will only criticize players the front office is okay with criticizing. Let's hear him criticize Evan Neal and JMS since he's so down on the OL.

Banks spent most of the season criticizing the O-line's failures to pick up stunts and blitzes
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Doc16LT56

He doesn't criticize the players the organization doesn't allow him to criticize. His criticism is generic. He used to target individuals and didn't hold back. The change in his approach is obvious to anyone who has listened to him. He's even talked about it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on February 05, 2024, 10:27:40 AMHe doesn't criticize the players the organization doesn't allow him to criticize. His criticism is generic. He used to target individuals and didn't hold back. The change in his approach is obvious to anyone who has listened to him. He's even talked about it.

Last offseason, Banks said that none of the WRs in the 2022 season could get open one-on-one and that it made the coach's lives more difficult as they could only scheme them open.  He didn't name names, but he told us how the coaches viewed the receivers on the roster.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Well at least this season our WR were able to get open. Perhaps it wasn't the receivers after all

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 05, 2024, 10:39:18 AMLast offseason, Banks said that none of the WRs in the 2022 season could get open one-on-one and that it made the coach's lives more difficult as they could only scheme them open.  He didn't name names, but he told us how the coaches viewed the receivers on the roster.

Well we know Golladay was one of them and probably Ritchie James who was viewed as a ST guy thrown into the WR mix with all the injuries and wasn't retained. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

LennG

With Jones, you are one neck injury away from retirement. Are we ready to rebuild around him and then he gets dropped on his head reinjures his neck and we are back to square one. It's time to cut the cord draft a new guy and build for the future and not keep trying to live in the past.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

HOF Bill Polian interviewed Joe Schoen at the Senior Bowl.  I listened to the interview.  Joe said nothing earth-shattering.  After the interview, Bill Polian and the other hosts discussed the Giants.   Bill Polian pretty much expressed his view of Daniel Jones in the same way I did; he felt the question wasn't one of talent but one of the ability to stay healthy.

If you have the Sirius phone app I believe it was the 1/31 or 2/1 Late Hits show with the interview.  The App allows you to listen to past episodes.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 05, 2024, 01:01:43 PMHOF Bill Polian interviewed Joe Schoen at the Senior Bowl.  I listened to the interview.  Joe said nothing earth-shattering.  After the interview, Bill Polian and the other hosts discussed the Giants.  Bill Polian pretty much expressed his view of Daniel Jones in the same way I did; he felt the question wasn't one of talent but one of the ability to stay healthy.

If you have the Sirius phone app I believe it was the 1/31 or 2/1 Late Hits show with the interview.  The App allows you to listen to past episodes.
My biggest question is how much mental damage has been done to Jones. Can he put the damage of 5 years of a beating behind him?  IMO his inability to process presnap and in play route progressions through 2023 was a far greater concern than his health. 

So many careers hinge on this decision it will be fascinating watching it play out
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S