News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who would you prefer start at QB this September- Jones or DeVito

Started by BluesCruz, February 08, 2024, 05:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money aside who would you prefer start at QB if no other better candidate appears on the scene

uconnjack8

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 09, 2024, 10:25:51 AMOther than run like a RB, in what way is Jones better.  Can you be specific because the results on the field last year and stats (QBR?) sure do not bear you out

QBR last year:

Devito 23.6
Jones  36.6

50 is average.  They were both not good.

ozzie

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

coggs

Is this a serious question?  I don't want to vote, because when I see the results, if anyone voted for DeVito, it means this site is NOT "The Home of the Most Informed Giants Fans."

coggs

Ok, I couldn't help myself.  The 5 who voted for DeVito should be banned as they clearly do not fit the tagline of the site.

TDToomer

Quote from: coggs on February 09, 2024, 01:34:40 PMIs this a serious question?  I don't want to vote, because when I see the results, if anyone voted for DeVito, it means this site is NOT "The Home of the Most Informed Giants Fans."

Consider the source.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Doc16LT56

It's not a question of which is the more talented QB. Jones is. In reality it's a question of what each player does for the franchise. Starting DeVito allows the organization to accept its status as a bad team in need of a new direction. Starting Jones allows the organization to continue the fraud they've been selling to fans that this team can actually compete for a championship.

babywhales

Jone is due 69 million dollars until he is cut and has zero market, none.  

The O line needs to develop and gel (been waiting 13 years )

Jones will get the opportunity to prove he is a franchise QB and try to convince the Giants not to cut him after 2024/25 season(not likely), Jones can try to create a market for himself for his next stop and or the Giants simply use the 2024/25 season as a year for the line to develop while the new QB learns the system and he doesn't  have to take the beating that accompanies the O-Line transition process. 

Devito offers no value to the Giants organization.  He was a great story, a distraction during miserable times but no real future. 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Ed Vette

Quote from: babywhales on February 09, 2024, 02:36:21 PMJone is due 69 million dollars until he is cut and has zero market, none. 

The O line needs to develop and gel (been waiting 13 years )

Jones will get the opportunity to prove he is a franchise QB and try to convince the Giants not to cut him after 2024/25 season(not likely), Jones can try to create a market for himself for his next stop and or the Giants simply use the 2024/25 season as a year for the line to develop while the new QB learns the system and he doesn't  have to take the beating that accompanies the O-Line transition process.

Devito offers no value to the Giants organization.  He was a great story, a distraction during miserable times but no real future.
This is worth repeating.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Quote from: coggs on February 09, 2024, 01:40:55 PMOk, I couldn't help myself.  The 5 who voted for DeVito should be banned as they clearly do not fit the tagline of the site.

As Jack Nickelson famously proclaimed

"you cannot handle the truth!"

Jones is one of the worst QBs in the league.  He has no instinct or cache
He moves like a robot and holds the world record for dumpoff passes

often to a RB who bobbles them
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Gman329

There are certain times I know who the author is just by reading the headline. This was one of those times.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 09, 2024, 02:51:18 PMAs Jack Nickelson famously proclaimed

"you cannot handle the truth!"

Jones is one of the worst QBs in the league.  He has no instinct or cache
He moves like a robot and holds the world record for dumpoff passes

often to a RB who bobbles them
All true. Daniel Jones also has a career record 14 games under .500, has QBed some of the worst offenses in franchise history, and now has a bloated cap number for a contract he never deserved.

The old generation of Giants fans is lost. Future generations will study the Jones era and place him in his proper historical context. We're going to have to weather the storm of bad football being defended by propagandists and their stooges. In many ways following the Giants is like following politics. A small group of incompetents who condition the public to tolerate the BS.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Stringer Bell on February 08, 2024, 05:42:49 PMPlease stop. DeVito is not good or a serious part of the team's future plans.

In 2023 Both started 5 games

DeVito threw for 8 TDs and 2 INTS
Jones threw for  2 TDs and 6 INTS

One of these guys should not be a part of our future
for sure that I agree

Thank God there are 5 others on this board brave enough not to toe the company line.  There is hope for the future and while it might not be DeVito it surely is not the perrenial loser- Daniel Jones

Nice guy but not close to being a competent NFL QB

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 09, 2024, 05:30:59 PMIn 2023 Both started 5 games

DeVito threw for 8 TDs and 2 INTS
Jones threw for  2 TDs and 6 INTS

One of these guys should not be a part of our future
for sure that I agree

Thank God there are 5 others on this board brave enough not to toe the company line.  There is hope for the future and while it might not be DeVito it surely is not the perrenial loser- Daniel Jones

Nice guy but not close to being a competent NFL QB
The real problem with this thread is that you forced people to pick one or the other between 2 qbs that should not be starting qbs in the NFL instead of their being a neither or other option.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 09, 2024, 06:44:52 PMThe real problem with this thread is that you forced people to pick one or the other between 2 qbs that should not be starting qbs in the NFL instead of their being a neither or other option.

with the small but incredibly successful sample size you have from Tommy
you have no way of knowing where his upper limit is

with the huge sample size of Jones you know what he is- a mediocre QB who has a slow release and trouble seeing the field or pulling the trigger

No .....the REAL problem is this is a franchise that would fit comfortably into the leather helmet era.

The root of the problem is the Mara family.  They are as stubborn as Woody Hayes

Their solution to the QB problem was fire the HC for flexing his bench and always look to what new QB prospect Duke has come up with....then reward their fans with a medium diet coke (if they can show proper credentials) to sweep away the stigma of losing

The best way to scout NFL football to them seems to put a family member in charge of the scouting department BTW

As in

"We have done everything possible to screw this poor guy up". so lets give him a contract that sets him well on his way to Billionaire status...Good Grief

If your an aging Giants fan like me, the infamous words of the Soup Nazi ring in your ears

NO MORE SOUP FOR YOU!!!!