News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT-- Valentines Day

Started by LennG, February 13, 2024, 06:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Football is over, and before we start endless threads about Free Agency and then the draft, I thought something other than a football thread might be nice. Just think, spring is less than 5 weeks away and already, here in NY the papers are full of baseball-related articles.

So tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I was curious what others might do for this day, what you do for your sweetheart, lover, wife/husband, and all of those wrapped into one.

This June I will be married for 50 years. My darling wife (who many have met from our gatherings) is pretty down to earth about days like this. We usually go out to a local restaurant (nothing elaborate). Most weeks I usually buy her flowers, and for Valentine's Day, half a dozen red roses. We used to do all sorts of stuff, cards, stuffed animals, and all that assorted stuff, but, I guess, when you get a bit older, just knowing that you love her and she loves you, well that makes it worthwhile, whatever you do.
I am about as far from what one would say is a romantic, but again,  as we get older, the kids are long gone and it's just the two of us, all the extra stuff is fine, but if not, that's fine also.

What do you do for that special person in your life?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kartanoman

What a fine thread, Lenn, and thank you for starting it up. Congratulations to you and your Mrs. on your upcoming Golden Anniversary. There's something magical about 50, so please accept my blessing on your special day.

The love of my life, now 13 years in wedded ecstacy, still struggle to find "us" time since we're still rearing kids in our mid 50s. But our soon to be 10 year old miracle child, who keeps us on our toes, tires us out so our celebration will be limited to snuggling in bed with a movie and perhaps a small Valentine's Day dessert once we we tell the girls we're off limits.

Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovers out there! But always remember to love up your baby every day and the response is nothing short of heaven, when you have the love of your life.

❤️

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

Great story Chris. Thanks for sharing.
Wish you and your lady and family the best.
This board is more than about football it is truly like a small family where we can share the goods in our lives along with some bads.
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone who loves someone and needs some love back.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

squibber

I'm in the dog house. Today my wife asked me to say something romantic to her like "I love you as long as the ocean touches the sand". So I said "I love you as long as the bears keep sh$#ing in the woods". I'm sleeping on the couch. What did I do?