News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

TECHNICAL ISSUES

Started by MightyGiants, March 15, 2024, 06:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 17, 2024, 11:12:22 AMHave all the issues been resolved Rich? Andrew can't get on because TapaTalk is disabled.

The issues are still in flux.  There seems to be a file the system adds at 3 in the morning that causes the site to generate issues or crash.  I am trying to resolve that issue.  Once that is fixed, I will focus on Tapatalk (Andrew should be able to get on by just coming directly to the site).

I might play around this afternoon with Tapatalk, but my experience says it's best to address problems one at a time rather than simultaneously.  If something goes wrong, I won't know exactly what change caused the problem.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

How can he get the mobile App for his phone? I don't recall.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 17, 2024, 11:58:06 AMHow can he get the mobile App for his phone? I don't recall.

Just use any browser on his phone and go to this link

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 17, 2024, 11:58:06 AMHow can he get the mobile App for his phone? I don't recall.

I see Andrew had issues logging in.  We can reset his password if he needs us to
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 17, 2024, 01:49:07 PMI see Andrew had issues logging in.  We can reset his password if he needs us to
Don't. I'll let you know.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Thanks Gents!

I got in via browser.

You're doing yeoman's work Rich! Thanks for all your effort and expertise.
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Still have an issue with the hosting company editing things in the middle of the night which creates instability.   I am working with Tim (T200) to try to figure out the issue.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

I think I may have a solution.  After work, I am going to try something that may eliminate the 4 in the morning issue.   There is some risk, so don't be alarmed if the site is offline at some point late afternoon or early evening.

If I am successful, then I can start looking at the Tapatalk issue.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Looks like the big problem is fixed.  Now I have to look at Tapatalk
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Okay, I reinstalled Tapatalk and it works

At this point, I consider all issues resolved and we are back to running normal
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Thanks for your perseverance in getting this resolved, Rich.

Ed Vette

I alerted Andrew. I'm going to try working with Tapatalk for a bit to test it. Before it wasn't compatible with the latest upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 19, 2024, 11:30:16 AMOkay, I reinstalled Tapatalk and it works

At this point, I consider all issues resolved and we are back to running normal
Tapatalk crashed on me.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 19, 2024, 07:12:50 PMTapatalk crashed on me.
I posted this from Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Make sure you Tapatalk is version 8.10.35
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE