News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Netflix to Show NFL’s Two Christmas Day Games in 2024

Started by LennG, May 15, 2024, 07:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/netflix-to-show-nfl-s-two-christmas-day-games-in-2024/ar-BB1mrfD0?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=5659e4a048934d8a9ff4d7a6a6790441&ei=27

This year's Christmas Day double-header will begin with a matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Pittsburgh Steelers, followed by a game between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans, the league said. Netflix is paying about $75 million a game this year, according to people familiar with the matter.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

uconnjack8

Should spur some interesting  and enlightening debate when people realize this.

MightyGiants

I suspect there will be less griping about this than there was with Peacock (or even Amazon) owing to the popularity and vastly larger Netflix subscriber base.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on May 16, 2024, 09:18:18 AMDo we really need games on Christmas Day?

The NFL has a 150 million reasons to have Christmas Day games
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

NBA has been doing it for years.  NHL [sometimes? ] too?.  Yep....$$$$$$$$
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 16, 2024, 08:52:48 AMI suspect there will be less griping about this than there was with Peacock (or even Amazon) owing to the popularity and vastly larger Netflix subscriber base.

I feel like Amazon would have more subscribers than Netflix, but you may be right.  I know some people just don't stream and if their cable company doesn't provide access to the app, then they don't know how to get it.  I just figure 100,000,000 Prime subscriptions means a lot of people have prime video

TDToomer

Isn't Christmas on a Wednesday? This makes no sense at all.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on May 16, 2024, 10:20:05 AMI feel like Amazon would have more subscribers than Netflix, but you may be right.  I know some people just don't stream and if their cable company doesn't provide access to the app, then they don't know how to get it.  I just figure 100,000,000 Prime subscriptions means a lot of people have prime video

The U.S. is the largest market for Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, based on viewer numbers forecast for 2024. The country is estimated to have over 173 million Netflix and around 164 million Prime viewers.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Quote from: TDToomer on May 16, 2024, 11:35:11 AMIsn't Christmas on a Wednesday? This makes no sense at all.
I agree, but the NFL doesn't care. Although they will preach about player safety, the bottom line is they just want to make money. It's getting ridiculous
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

DaveBrown74

Quote from: ozzie on Today at 12:41:04 PMthe bottom line is they just want to make money. It's getting ridiculous

I am in no way trying to be a smart-ass here, but is that not true of any large, for-profit business?