News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

OTA 3 reports includes beat writers

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 01:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

My #NyGiants takeaways from first OTA practice:
- Daniel Jones looked smooth moving around on his surgically repaired knee. 
- Pump the brakes on any QB controversy. Heard DJ looked has been the sharper QB so far this offseason and Drew Lock's inaccuracy today reinforced it. DJ was QB1 in 7-on-7. Lock QB1 in 11-on-11 (no reps for DJ).
- LT Andrew Thomas took no team reps. Seems like that was the case in earlier OTAs, too.  Load management? RT Evan Neal is with the rehab group.
- It's hard to believe that Josh Ezeudu is in line to be the swing OT again after struggling last year. I'd like to let him develop at OG -- compete to start or be the swing OG. But Jermaine Eluemunor was starting at RG and OT Matt Nelson was with the rehab group. Ezeudu next up.
- Why is Jon Runyan at RG instead of LG? First, it could be a day-to-day switch. But my broader understanding is that #Giants look at pairing up LT-LG and RT-RG. They are weaker on the right side, so put the better RG there.
- The DL depth is lacking on paper. I've been saying that since the draft. It was more startling today when Rakeem Nunez-Roches and Jordan Phillips were not here (voluntary).  Big opportunity for Jordon Riley.
- No sign of Daniel Bellinger, either. Big spring for him with Darren Waller not here/likely to retire.
- Eric Gray got some RB1 snaps in up-tempo 11-on-11.

https://x.com/rydunleavy/status/1793689860491948437?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Notable difference from last offseason: Last year, the Giants didn't do a single 11-on-11 period in the practices open to the media; it was all 7-on-7.

Today's practice featured a 7-on-7 period early and then extensive 11-on-11 work. Linemen aren't wearing pads, but at least they're getting reps in a game-like setting this spring.

https://x.com/dduggan21/status/1793699979967566076?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE