News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

15 Things People Do That Scream ‘I’m Old’

Started by LennG, March 28, 2024, 09:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

I only do 4 or 5 of those. One thing I have never done is the air b&b thing. If it's just my wife and I then I'll book a hotel. In fact we are flying to Charleston SC today and staying in a hotel for a week. I might try a vacation rental if the whole family was going.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Sem

I guess I'm not as old as I thought I was, although I do still carry a wallet.

Jolly Blue Giant

I do many of them!

- You're old if you still use Vitalis hair tonic and use a standard comb to part your hair and give it a wispy wave in the front (assuming you still have hair)...and oh yeah, don't forget to splash on some Old Spice before heading out

- As you age (men, that is), the pants either go up or go down

- Intolerance grows: too hot, too cold, can't those kids be quiet, get off my lawn...

- You're in an elevator, and you hear a song that reminds you of the "good old days"

- Reply to most questions with "what?"

- Take small steps when walking (think Tim Conway and his baby steps)

My old boss once told me a joke (at least I thought it was a joke) that I didn't get, but got a lot of laughs from others around the table...he said, "Last night I called out to my wife, 'Honey, come quick...I have my semi-annual hard-on".
She replied, "don't you mean more like your annual semi-hard-on?"  

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on March 28, 2024, 09:07:19 PMhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/home-and-garden/15-things-people-do-that-scream-i-m-old/ss-BB1igSP7?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=0fa6ce382db24d25bd8a16e66f1e700a&ei=20

I know I am old, but this reinforced it. I believe I do at least 12 of these things, AND like that fact.

Lenn: Face it, you're not just old... you're ancient.  =)) 

Luckily, you have a lovely younger wife to look at (instead of a mirror).

Please say hi to her for me.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 29, 2024, 12:46:31 PMLenn: Face it, you're not just old... you're ancient.  =)) 

Luckily, you have a lovely younger wife to look at (instead of a mirror).

Please say hi to her for me.

Bob

She keeps me young (if that is possible).

I will Bob.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 29, 2024, 12:38:59 PMI do many of them!

- You're old if you still use Vitalis hair tonic and use a standard comb to part your hair and give it a wispy wave in the front (assuming you still have hair)...and oh yeah, don't forget to splash on some Old Spice before heading out

- As you age (men, that is), the pants either go up or go down

- Intolerance grows: too hot, too cold, can't those kids be quiet, get off my lawn...

- You're in an elevator, and you hear a song that reminds you of the "good old days"

- Reply to most questions with "what?"

- Take small steps when walking (think Tim Conway and his baby steps)

My old boss once told me a joke (at least I thought it was a joke) that I didn't get, but got a lot of laughs from others around the table...he said, "Last night I called out to my wife, 'Honey, come quick...I have my semi-annual hard-on".
She replied, "don't you mean more like your annual semi-hard-on?"  

I LOVE my Old Spice. Never leave home without it.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

I never went for the Vitalis, I was more of a Brylcream guy. In fact I still use Groom and Clean and I find it harder and harder to find it. I ordered 5 tubes of it on amazon a few months ago as they stopped making the darn thing. Maybe by the time I use them al up, I won't need anything for my diminishing hair. 

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on March 29, 2024, 01:07:09 PMI LOVE my Old Spice. Never leave home without it.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

I never went for the Vitalis, I was more of a Brylcream guy. In fact I still use Groom and Clean and I find it harder and harder to find it. I ordered 5 tubes of it on amazon a few months ago as they stopped making the darn thing. Maybe by the time I use them al up, I won't need anything for my diminishing hair. 

I've heard that "A little dab'll do ya!" LOL

Bill Brown

Sadly I have no need for any hair products. 😮�💨

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Sem

Maybe when I was a really young boy my dad put something in my hair, but since then, nothing. Actually I remember him using something like Vitalis, but it was called Hask. I recall liking the smell of it.

*Found an image of it.

MightyGiants

I heard a story on the radio about a library putting in a land line phone for patrons (many came to this library asking to use a phone).   The young people need help using the land line.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 29, 2024, 02:22:18 PMI heard a story on the radio about a library putting in a land line phone for patrons (many came to this library asking to use a phone).   The young people need help using the land line.

Possibly, but I don't see a lot of young people looking to make calls on a land line. Young people would likely also need help flicking on the high beams in my '69 Biscayne, or loading/unloading film in a camera. All for the same reason that I wouldn't know how to hitch up a team of horses to a stage coach.  :-?? 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Sem on March 29, 2024, 02:52:24 PMPossibly, but I don't see a lot of young people looking to make calls on a land line. Young people would likely also need help flicking on the high beams in my '69 Biscayne, or loading/unloading film in a camera. All for the same reason that I wouldn't know how to hitch up a team of horses to a stage coach.  :-?? 

That was why it was there.  They either lost or broke their phone or their battery was dead (perhaps on charger)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I have 7 grandchildren (all but one) in school or already graduated. Not a one of them can read or write in cursive. They can read a little, but get frustrated and don't bother. I tell them they should learn, and they say, "why". I tell them a lot of historical documents are written in cursive, and they tell me that those same documents are already transferred to print-form...duh. My 16-yr-old granddaughter says she has designed a fancy signature, by making a flowery looking "M", followed by a wavy line, and again, another fancy letter for her last name, followed by a fancy tail. However, they can all type at least 60 words a minute on a keyboard or on their phone