News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Scouting Report: The Cowboys' Offense

Started by bighitterdalama, October 31, 2019, 01:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Dallas Offense

The Dallas Cowboys offense has witnessed a coaching carousel for over a decade. Jason Garrett was hired as Cowboy

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

It will be interesting to see how much Williams plays and what he and Lawerence together can get done against this Cowgirls line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

It will be interesting to see if the Giant's Defense bites on every play action pass again. I would like to see more pressure on Prescott. When he's out of his comfort zone, he becomes very pedestrian. I would like to see some man coverage and some press coverage, especially on Cooper. Unfortunately if you look up vanilla in the playbook, there's a picture of Bettcher.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 31, 2019, 02:48:33 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Giant's Defense bites on every play action pass again. I would like to see more pressure on Prescott. When he's out of his comfort zone, he becomes very pedestrian. I would like to see some man coverage and some press coverage, especially on Cooper. Unfortunately if you look up vanilla in the playbook, there's a picture of Bettcher.

And Shurmur...
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 31, 2019, 02:48:55 PM
And Shurmur...

Ed: Some of the "vanilla" nature of things right now is a product of having so many rookies playing for so many snaps.

No doubt, having "vanilla" O and D makes for predictability but it also reduces the number of mistakes (theoretically).

In any event, some of these guys (especially on defense) can't get the basics correct, so IMO it will take until next year until we see any "astrophysics" out of this squad.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 03, 2019, 07:30:47 AM
Ed: Some of the "vanilla" nature of things right now is a product of having so many rookies playing for so many snaps.

No doubt, having "vanilla" O and D makes for predictability but it also reduces the number of mistakes (theoretically).

In any event, some of these guys (especially on defense) can't get the basics correct, so IMO it will take until next year until we see any "astrophysics" out of this squad.

Bob
Bob, I only had to watch the Niners Offensive play calling this past Thursday to see creative play design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 03, 2019, 09:07:36 AM
Bob, I only had to watch the Niners Offensive play calling this past Thursday to see creative play design.

Ed: I missed that game, but I can watch it on Game Pass.  Thanks for the tip.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

beaugestus

Brian, thanks for the work you obviously put in to write these reports, well done.