News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Scouting Report: Cowboys' Defense

Started by bighitterdalama, November 03, 2019, 12:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Cowboys Defense

Rod Marinelli is a textbook example of a top-notch coordinator who did not make the grade when given the opportunity to make the jump to head coach. Marinelli began his NFL coaching career in 1996 with Tampa Bay. Then-rookie head coach Tony Dungy brought in Monte Kiffin, with whom he had worked with in Minnesota, as his defensive coordinator. Dungy and Kiffen designed and installed the Bucs with a

DaveBrown74

Even though the week one game against these guys was one we would like to forget, we did move the ball very effectively in that game. 470 total yards I believe. 8.9 yards per rushing attempt too. The issue was we could not stop them, we struggled in the red zone, and we also struggled on third down. But in terms of moving the ball, that was not a problem for us in that game. With Van Der Esch out and the Giants coming off a game in which the offense was pretty functional, I see no reason why we would struggle to move the ball in this game. The issue will be whether we can get some stops. This is a very tough O line, as we all know, and our secondary and linebackers got torched the last time. Hopefully with Williams we can at least slow down the run and maybe get a bit more of a pass rush on Dak. I don't think our guys will be in his face all night, but in the week one game he could have worn a tuxedo back there. Hopefully that's not the case again, and I don't think it will be.

I see a high scoring game either way. Maybe 30-27 Dallas. Hopefully we can find a way to win, but either way I don't think we'll get humiliated like last time.