News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoelessjoe

Lenn, who has it better?  You have a cold shocking look on you with your feet in the water.  I really enjoy catching up with both you and your better half when you guys come down.  I really enjoyed this past January when you and your wife and Tim (T200) and his wife and my wife, my son and I were able to have dinner together.

T200

Quote from: Shoelessjoe on August 10, 2020, 10:31:15 PM
Lenn, who has it better?  You have a cold shocking look on you with your feet in the water.  I really enjoy catching up with both you and your better half when you guys come down.  I really enjoyed this past January when you and your wife and Tim (T200) and his wife and my wife, my son and I were able to have dinner together.
Frank,

Len said he's taking all of us out when we head up to LI. Let's pick a date!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on August 10, 2020, 11:03:03 PM
Frank,

Len said he's taking all of us out when we head up to LI. Let's pick a date!

Come on up guys. NY is about as safe as a state can be these days.

We have the best Jewish deli a few miles from home. Corned beef and Pastrami, you can die for. We will have to eat outdoors, but I will treat.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hey bring Ozzie also, he still has family here on Long Island,  :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I hope you guys don't mind, but, since Frank brought it up, and maybe some ot the others want to know what we ALL look like

Just a couple of others of our long time members who I always try and meet whenever we are in their neighborhoods

We go up to Maine all the time and it wouldn't be a successful trip without a visit with my good friend JimV and his lovely misses. 

And, some of you know our good friend Joey, who lives some where around Scranton, PA. He took us out to this terrific Italian eatery.

I have many others, but I need time to dig them up.

So everyone beware, you never know when I may call and say, hey, we're in the neighborhood, lets go out and eat.   :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: Shoelessjoe on August 10, 2020, 10:31:15 PM

We are looking to do it again, if not the end of this year, then sometime during the beginning of next year. Hope we are all well and can do it all over again.

Charlie Weiss

Shoelessjoe

Worked on this photo taken on 1/21/20 at 2:54 at Broadkill Beach which is on the Delaware River bay.  The first is is the original or before and the second was after I worked on it in Lightroom.  The picture was taken in the raw format so all of the pixels were as recorded by the camera. As part of my workflow I tweaked the white balance or temperature, tint, vibrance and exposure.  This first set of steps ensure that you have the right exposure.  I also adjusted the exposure for the green channel.  The next step is to adjust the color to bring them out so that it looks more like what I saw.  I calibrated the red, blue, and green pixels to allow the next step of adjusting the colors work better.  I then adjusted the horizon where the water meets the Jersey shore across the bay.  If you look it is now more of a straight line.  I then used a graduated filter that allows me to address a portion of the photo only.  This allows me to target specific area for Hue or color, saturation or the intensity of the color and the luminance or the brightness of the color.  This method allows me to address one color while not affecting another.  At a certain point I leave the picture for a few days and them will come back to see if any other adjustments might be needed.  That's where I am now.

take a close look at the horizon line in each photo.

Before

After

LennG

It is truly amazing what you can do Frank,
Serious kudos to you.

Charlie Weiss

Shoelessjoe

Quote from: LennG on August 11, 2020, 04:57:39 PM
It is truly amazing what you can do Frank,
Serious kudos to you.

thank you Lenn.

LennG

Today's grouping came to me by sheer luck.

We have been on 3 cruises to Alaska. On  EVERY cruise, one day, they visit a glacier and they do try and get as close to it as possible for a huge ship. As many people as can, go up on deck to view this, and hopefully, to see a piece break off, known as 'calving'. I tell you this, the sound that the glacier makes when a piece falls into the sea, 'calving' is usually a huge cracking sound, and I can attest, one you will never forget, it is that unusual. Anyway, on our first two trips there, we never really got a good calving, let alone pix of it. But, on our last voyage, it was exremely warm and the glacier was loosing chunks left and right. I happen to hvve my camera pointed at a particular section and heard the cracking sound and there it was, a HUGE section of the glacier went right into the sea and I got it all on camera. This alone, made our trip a success.

So here are the pix of the glacier in the process of calving

You can see that huge wall of ice starting the break away. Now this may look small, but this piece of ice was as large as a 3 story house, and the splash it makes falling into the water is enormous.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Lets get back into the flow with a few more of what I call, my screen savers.

Ozzie can start a new calender

This is what I have on computer right now, just dreaming of it

Charlie Weiss

Jim143

Love the water fall picture.  And, I want to know where the Maple Museum is so I can volunteer there when I retire (if they give out samples)  :)
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

LennG

Quote from: Jim143 on August 13, 2020, 07:21:52 AM
Love the water fall picture.  And, I want to know where the Maple Museum is so I can volunteer there when I retire (if they give out samples)  :)

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Jim

The Maple Museum is in Vermont, about 20 miles north of Rutland. We have been going there for I can't tell you how many years because of just what you said, free samples of all types of Maple syrup. In fact, I don't know if I have ever been to the Museum part, but we must have when our kids were young. But alas, we went there last year and it was sold to new owners and they completely rearranged everything, including, doing away with the sample room.  :boooo: :boooo: :boooo: :boooo:

Funny thing is, if you are a maple syrup guy, there are many small farms that sell Maple syrup by the gallon for about what you would pay for 1/2 gallon in any of the stores. We always do this, then fill up smaller containers and give them away as gifts, and, of course, some for ourselves.

We are supposed to do a week in Vermont at the end of this month and if so, we'll pay another visit there and I'll let you know.

Not knowing if they give out any more samples, you might want to check out The Vermont Country Store. It is a HUGE store where they give out samples of so many things, from Maple syrup, to Vermont cheeses, to cookies, outdoor type balms, aftershaves. There are 2 of them in Vermont and we love this place.

Charlie Weiss

Jim143

Quote from: LennG on August 13, 2020, 02:34:03 PM

Funny thing is, if you are a maple syrup guy, there are many small farms that sell Maple syrup by the gallon for about what you would pay for 1/2 gallon in any of the stores. We always do this, then fill up smaller containers and give them away as gifts, and, of course, some for ourselves.

My wife and I joke - she needs Alfredo hooked up intravenously and I need maple syrup hooked up that way  :)

Growing up, my uncle lived in Burlington.  In fact, a few cousins still live there.  I remember visiting when I was young and helping him "tap" his trees.  Maybe that's where my love of it comes from, who knows.

I do know that when my cousin was passing through, he and his wife stayed with us for a day or so and about two weeks later, we receive a "thank you" in the mail - a huge jug of Vermont Maple Syrup.
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

LennG

Boy I sure don't want to hijack this thread, but when you mentioned the maple syrup, a few years ago they changed the entire grading system that they used for, God knows how long.

I looked up a couple of charts, if you are interested.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Lets finish another calender of what I like to think are pretty good screen savers.

Charlie Weiss