News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim143

Love the covered bridge and the houses from across the water
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

LennG

Quote from: Jim143 on August 14, 2020, 02:12:08 PM
Love the covered bridge and the houses from across the water

thanks Jim

As I have said several times thru out this thread, I LOVE those pix where you see the refelctions in a lake, river, stream or whatever. it has to be timed right, usually early in the day or later in the day when there are just no ripples in the water.

As you can guess, what is one persons treat may well be anothers poison. I look for, and like, certain things when I photograph something, that is just not a touristy pix. We can all take a pix of some attraction, but what I like to think would just make a great pic, like a waterfall, or a small stream going over rocks, ot the solitude of a horse in an open field, may bore others. We each have our likes, just like with the foods that we have been talking about.
Glad you did like those two pixs in particular.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

ok Lenn, your covered bridges have inspired me to share my covered bridge shot. I posted one earlier looking into the bridge, here are a couple from the outside of the same bridge which is in Switzerland.

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jim143

Quote from: ozzie on August 14, 2020, 05:41:17 PM
ok Lenn, your covered bridges have inspired me to share my covered bridge shot. I posted one earlier looking into the bridge, here are a couple from the outside of the same bridge which is in Switzerland.

Seeing these really makes me wish I still had my photos from Amsterdam . . .
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Shoelessjoe

Great shots of the covered bridge Ozzie. :ok:

LennG

As you can see, I LOVE covered bridges and lighthouses --- all different shapes and sizes, makes no difference.

We go to Cape Cod every January where there are several nice ones, up and down the Maine coastline there are many wonderful lighthouses  and we also have been to the Outer Banks several times where there are 5 great lighthouses

So, todays grouping is from some of these places and my lighthouse calendar

This is the Cape Hatteras Light, the oldest brick lighthouse in the country

This is the Fire Island Lighthouse off of Long Island, NY

This is the West Quoddy Head Light in Maine

This is one from Cape Cod, the Nabska Point Lighthouse

This is Bodie Lighthouse on the Outer Banks of NC. If you can believe it, we were here and the sun was out and then the fog rolled in. This was at 3PM and it was amazing how the fog blotted out everything.

And last this is Ocracoke Light. It is on a small island, only serviced by ferry boat from Cape Hatterus.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Beautiful, Lenn!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

Jim143

Lenn

I might need to appropriate these lighthouses.  My wife absolutely loves Lighthouses.  Her favorite is the old Minot's Ledge Light near Scituate, Massachusetts, not far from where she spent the first few years of her life and then all her high school years.  (the time in between was just north of Atlanta).

She loves the story that goes along with this light house: "When, in 1894, a new flashing lantern was installed in the 34-year-old lighthouse it had a 1-4-3 sequence and very soon the number sequence was taken to represent 'I Love You' or 'I Miss You' (I /1 flash, Love /4 flashes, You /3 flashes). Over the years this simple lighthouse code has been a comfort to sailors from the area, their sweethearts and families. The story is now widely known and the code is much loved for itself."

https://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A22808162

While it's not my photo, I was able to take this picture and make it into a Tervis Tumbler for her.

LennG

Quote from: Jim143 on August 16, 2020, 09:36:45 AM
Lenn

I might need to appropriate these lighthouses.  My wife absolutely loves Lighthouses.  Her favorite is the old Minot's Ledge Light near Scituate, Massachusetts, not far from where she spent the first few years of her life and then all her high school years.  (the time in between was just north of Atlanta).

She loves the story that goes along with this light house: "When, in 1894, a new flashing lantern was installed in the 34-year-old lighthouse it had a 1-4-3 sequence and very soon the number sequence was taken to represent 'I Love You' or 'I Miss You' (I /1 flash, Love /4 flashes, You /3 flashes). Over the years this simple lighthouse code has been a comfort to sailors from the area, their sweethearts and families. The story is now widely known and the code is much loved for itself."

https://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A22808162

While it's not my photo, I was able to take this picture and make it into a Tervis Tumbler for her.

WOW, what a great pix. I took the time to look this lighthouse up and saw it is not accessable to the public, but this is just a magnificent pix of it.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Todays crop is a bit different, maybe not to everyone's taste, but I try everything and anything for a pix, so lets try leaves. I find leaves fascinating in some respects and I am always taking pixs of them, on trees, on the ground, on plants and in all colors.

See what you think

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Jim, that photo is just AWESOME! What a great shot.
Lenn, Love the leaves. I find them so much more complex and interesting than most people I know.
I love the group in the last pic with the purple veins against the green / white leaves.

John Mara

Jim143

Lenn

Here is the Tervis Tumbler I made from that photo

LennG

Quote from: Jim143 on August 16, 2020, 05:30:18 PM
Lenn

Here is the Tervis Tumbler I made from that photo

Where did you get that tumbler made? I know sites like Shutterfly etc. do things like that. I tried them once and wasn't too thrilled with their work, though I have used them for photo books. anayway, just curious?

Charlie Weiss

Jim143

Quote from: LennG on August 17, 2020, 12:13:51 PM
Where did you get that tumbler made? I know sites like Shutterfly etc. do things like that. I tried them once and wasn't too thrilled with their work, though I have used them for photo books. anayway, just curious?

Tevis (https://www.tervis.com/create).  We have had many created by them.  I have 2 that I split my time with - both 30oz Stainless.  One has the two German Shepard we lost almost 2 years ago and the other has the two current puppies we have.  Heidi has one with the pictures of all the cats.  I also had one created for her of Dogwood Blossoms, for her love of Dogwood Plants.

What is awesome about Tervis - they are a Florida Company and all their products, short of the stainless are made right there in Florida.  To meet the Stainless demand, they partnered with another company for the cup and customize it in their Florida Plant.

They also have a no-questions asked lifetime warranty, which I have used and it is awesome.  I had a small 16oz tumbler that started to get condensation inside the insulated walls.  It was an "off the shelf" design and I took it to Bed Bath and Beyond (a Tervis Reseller) and they looked at it, said "no problem, go grab another one" and I walked out a happy customer.  Right now, they are one of three  companies that have gone over and above with their warranties.