News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Going thru some of my pics on a rainy Sunday, I came uop with another set of leaves. Hope you like

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: Jim143 on August 17, 2020, 12:24:33 PM
Tevis (https://www.tervis.com/create).  We have had many created by them.  I have 2 that I split my time with - both 30oz Stainless.  One has the two German Shepard we lost almost 2 years ago and the other has the two current puppies we have.  Heidi has one with the pictures of all the cats.  I also had one created for her of Dogwood Blossoms, for her love of Dogwood Plants.

What is awesome about Tervis - they are a Florida Company and all their products, short of the stainless are made right there in Florida.  To meet the Stainless demand, they partnered with another company for the cup and customize it in their Florida Plant.

They also have a no-questions asked lifetime warranty, which I have used and it is awesome.  I had a small 16oz tumbler that started to get condensation inside the insulated walls.  It was an "off the shelf" design and I took it to Bed Bath and Beyond (a Tervis Reseller) and they looked at it, said "no problem, go grab another one" and I walked out a happy customer.  Right now, they are one of three  companies that have gone over and above with their warranties.

Thanks so much Jim. I will check them out. I am definitely looking for something other than plastic and the stainless sound intriguing.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

More puzzle boxes, Lenn. And I say that as a compliment. Beautiful shots. I love the closeups capturing the natural patterns and the water droplets.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

T200

Quote from: ozzie on August 17, 2020, 01:57:40 PM
More puzzle boxes, Lenn. And I say that as a compliment. Beautiful shots. I love the closeups capturing the natural patterns and the water droplets.
I agree - those would make awesome puzzles, especially the 2nd and 3rd ones.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jim143

Two "sunrise" photos this morning.  The first, I saw after getting out of the vet's office and the second was at the poling site for voting this morning (they are less than mile apart and walking distance to from the house)

"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

LennG

Great pix Jim. I LOVE pix like that, when the sun is behind a cloud but you can still see the 'rays' shining out.

What are you using to take these?

Charlie Weiss

Jim143

Quote from: LennG on August 18, 2020, 04:20:20 PM
Great pix Jim. I LOVE pix like that, when the sun is behind a cloud but you can still see the 'rays' shining out.

What are you using to take these?

My iPhone (iPhone X)
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

LennG

Quote from: Jim143 on August 18, 2020, 05:02:33 PM
My iPhone (iPhone X)

Those things do a remarkable job.   :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Today we are going for flowers, instead of leaves. This time of year flowers are all over the place. Find a good botanical gardens and a photogrpaher is in pix heaven. No matter what type of camera you use, those close ups of some amazing flowers, well you can start your greeting card collection from them.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Lenn, you keep topping yourself every time you post something!!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

As I have said numerous times, we have been lucky enough to have traveled to many places that some only dream about. I wish I could put up some of our pix from Hawaii, but I was using a different camera there and most of the pix came out small and just don't have that 'zip' that I feel makes them good pixs. We have traveled to most of the major cities in Europe and not to make this a travelogue, I just want to put up a few for you to see some of our travels.

In London, to me, a great pix at dusk

A Guard in the Tower of London

I think you know what this is

We did a boat ride on the Seine and this is from the deck of the boat

We waited hours for the sunset to get a pix of the Colosseum at night

And you need to see how crazy people get when they try to take pix of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. For me, this is normal. people lieterally lay in the street trying to get their feet to 'balance' the Tower. It was fun just to sit and watch some of them.

Last one is from Tallinn Estonia. Estonia used to be part of the USSR but gained it's independence but Tallinn, has much Russian influence all over the city.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Incredible, Lenn. Love the shot of Big Ben!!

John Mara

ozzie

Here are some more shots from our trip to Europe that I've dug up..
This was in Austria.

These are some shots of where part of "Sound of Music" was filmed

And my favorite stop on the trip....The castle that was the inspiration for Disney's Cinderella's Castle....Neuschwanstein

And finally, this may not appeal to everyone, but this is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken.
Looking out one of the windows of Neuschwanstein down to the valley below. What a great view King Lugwig had!!

John Mara

Jim143

I love the Eastern Bloc architecture.  Someday, I will make it to Red Square and St. Basile's Basilica

Jim143

Lenn

Back to Tervis real quick.  Watch for their sales.  On occasion, they have a buy one, get one.

Here are two of the 30oz Stainless that I had them make for me.  One has both our Shepards on it that we lost 5 weeks apart and the other one has both our current puppies