News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Spy Agencies and The Media

Started by jimmyz, May 17, 2021, 11:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyz

I don't know if this topic borders on politicism but I'd be willing to bet half the population (and more than half of this message board) aren't willing to give up that stick they've been holding on to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/15/business/media/spooked-private-spies-news-media.html

In case anyone was completely unaware, spy agencies and media have a dealer/addict relationship.

The intelligence agencies know the media are like a bunch of rabid hounds eager to chew up anything thrown their way.  You give them a morsel and they will run with it no questions asked.  After all, it came from 'officials' and there probably isn't a journalist around who wouldn't be delighted...no, flattered....to be spoon fed some B.S. from the CIA or FBI that they can use to springboard their careers with.

Do you trust your news source when it comes to so called intelligence leaks? 

Oh btw....Not to get political or anything.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

Bob In PA

I'm going to try to reply quickly to new threads, simply to present my view of whether the topic is political or not.

I do not see this topic as political.... leaks occur to all types of media from all types of sources... the leaks go TO political and non-political writers/reporters FROM political and non-political sources.

So I think it should be possible to discuss this topic without being partisan.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Even though the undercurrent of the specific NY Times article linked in the original post involves politics, the issue of the relationship between the media and leaking is itself not a political issue.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!