News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 20, 2022, 08:26:26 AM
Lost my streak. I was careless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took me five, they did something they generally don't do
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 20, 2022, 08:26:26 AM
Lost my streak. I was careless.

That sucks  :boooo:

Took me 4 tries and I debated between two words that both fit. I chose the wrong one so I knew it was the other with the 4th try. Lucky today I guess
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

I had the letters to get it in five and had a brain fart

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 20, 2022, 09:06:47 AM
I had the letters to get it in five and had a brain fart

The word is more common to adults who have teenage children...or even younger, but mostly teens. If you haven't had arguments with your kids over the amount of time they spend playing games on the computer, the word is probably pretty unknown to most. At least, that's what I think

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 20, 2022, 09:57:58 AM
The word is more common to adults who have teenage children...or even younger, but mostly teens. If you haven't had arguments with your kids over the amount of time they spend playing games on the computer, the word is probably pretty unknown to most. At least, that's what I think

I know the word. I neglected to use the first letter which I had in another place and it was the only place left to go. Instead I used other first letters when I had the actual letter.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Took me 6 and about 10 minutes of trying different combos to get it. I know the word just couldn't put it together until the end.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Mild spoiler alert

I have noticed that in general most of the words are true 5 letter words.  In other words, they generally don't take 4 letter words and add an "s", "d", or "r" to the end of them to create the 5 letter word.  That is what challenged  me a bit with today's word
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 20, 2022, 10:50:26 AM
Mild spoiler alert

I have noticed that in general most of the words are true 5 letter words.  In other words, they generally don't take 4 letter words and add an "s", "d", or "r" to the end of them to create the 5 letter word.  That is what challenged  me a bit with today's word

Gamer is a completely different word and meaning than game.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Got it in 5. Sorry I jinxed you Ed.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on May 20, 2022, 12:12:08 PM
Gamer is a completely different word and meaning than game.

Yes and no

When we think of the word without the r on the end we tend to think of the noun.  However, if you consider the verb (which is what you add "r"s to) form it's not a drastically different word
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Took me five today. I had CAPER on the third guess, and then MAKER on the fourth, before getting it on the fifth.

I thought it was a trickier than normal word today. Obviously, it's a word we all know, but it just didn't feel like a typical Wordle word, if that makes sense.

LennG

I have found weekend words seem to be a bit tougher, not today. Had all the letters with my initial 3 words so getting it in 4 was easy.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Yup, I thought today was pretty straightforward. Took me four.

Jolly Blue Giant

I got it in 2 today which is the first time in weeks that I've done that. Of course, it helps like crazy when you get 3 yellows and a green with the opening word and they can only be rearranged to make one word that makes sense. In fact, when I clicked "submit (enter)" I already knew that it had to unfold one green after another

It's always about the first word and luck  :yes:

LennG

Guess this is why we play this game, to get that blob on our shoulders moving a bit.

What should have been an easy word, took me 6 today.

Charlie Weiss