News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

THE GOLD BALL

Started by Bill Brown, November 20, 2022, 06:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Brown

I graduated from Oxford Hills High School in 1966. The school was created when 8 towns consolidated into 1 large school in 1961. That consolidation created one of the largest school systems in the state.

Every year the team that wins the state championship in football is awarded THE GOLD BALL
 In those previous 60 years my school has never won one. We have played in 2 but were never victorious. Yesterday that changed. Oxford Hills defeated the defending 3 time state champion Thornton Academy 21 - 7. So today this is in the school trophy case. Congratulations to the young men who finally brought one of these home.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Congrats Bill and that great achievement. The HS where we live has also never won a football championship and yesterday they played in the Championship game, but alas, they lost, so there is always next year.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Nice! Congratulations!!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara