News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

For any Secretariat fans

Started by Bill Brown, January 13, 2023, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Brown

I happened upon this 13 minute video and found it very nicely done.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=klP5dwGh88U&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ps11yat14 on January 13, 2023, 08:00:29 AMI happened upon this 13 minute video and found it very nicely done.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=klP5dwGh88U&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Bill

He was one hell of a horse. Do you ever wonder if back in the day before all the testing, that maybe he was hyped up on something? I mean, to win by 31 lengths is insane. It's like someone running the mile (human running the imperial mile) in 3 min, 20 seconds after it took half a century to break the 4.0 minute mile and then each time the record was broken it was by tiny increments and another 50 years to get the record down to 3 min, 44 seconds

I doubt he was drugged up, but man...31 lengths?  :hmm:

Regardless...without a shred of doubt, the greatest race horse in history
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Truly the greatest athlete of all time. I enjoyed this very much, especially when they touched on his personality and awareness. Sham may have gone down as the greatest if not for Secretariat. Maybe Secretariat pushed Sham to his best. Reminds me of some great generations of fighters, like the middleweights in Sugar Ray Robinson's era. Graziano, LaMotta, Basilio and Zale or the Joe Louis, Ali and Jack Johnson era.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin