News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Day 27 of the Giants DC search

Started by MightyGiants, February 05, 2024, 09:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 05, 2024, 10:02:12 AMThis is not good.

This is pretty much what I expected, and it's why I was so unhappy that we lost Wink.  Worse, we lost Wink, and there was way too much public drama.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 05, 2024, 10:04:15 AMThis is pretty much what I expected, and it's why I was so unhappy that we lost Wink.  Worse, we lost Wink, and there was way too much public drama.
Wink hasn't gotten a job either. Both these coaches hurt each other.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 05, 2024, 10:05:49 AMWink hasn't gotten a job either. Both these coaches hurt each other.

Viewed through the lens of Giant's success, Wink's employment or lack thereof is meaningless.   The Giants not being able to match the quality of the coach they lost is.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

This is an embarrassment for the organization to not have someone in place. Speaks volumes on a variety of fronts

T200

I'm not concerned about it. Sometimes things don't work out the way we envision them to, but they do work out. I don't think the DC situation will be an issue.

Things are never as good or as bad as we think they are.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

TDToomer

Quote from: Trench on February 05, 2024, 11:26:08 AMThis is an embarrassment for the organization to not have someone in place. Speaks volumes on a variety of fronts

Not if the guy they want is unavailable because he is coaching in the Super Bowl right? The 49ers waited on Shanahan until early February. When you are the last team with a DC opening you are afford the time to wait till the big game is over. Maybe step away from the ledge.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Quote from: TDToomer on February 05, 2024, 11:55:05 AMNot if the guy they want is unavailable because he is coaching in the Super Bowl right? The 49ers waited on Shanahan until early February. When you are the last team with a DC opening you are afford the time to wait till the big game is over. Maybe step away from the ledge.

If that's the case I will stand corrected.