News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will the Chiefs now become America's team?

Started by LennG, February 12, 2024, 12:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

When Dallas was in its prime, many 'new' fans flocked to buy their jerseys and loved that Star, they were America's team or their people let everyone know that they were that. But a lot has changed since then. This so-called America's team hasn't done squat for many years and it now seems, maybe by choice or through the efforts of a young lady, Ms Swift, legions of new fans will be flocking to buy anything and everything KC Chiefs-related. After all, the Chiefs are the new dynasty in football, aren't they? With Mahones and Reid in about as many commercials as anyone on earth, their constant appearing on national TV and again with that young lady and her legion of fans now rooting for the Chiefs, I proclaim them and KC America's team and America's new big city team.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

There's no such thing as America's Team. It was a self-proclaimed moniker.

The Chiefs, like the Patriots before them, are now hated around the majority of the country. Why? Because they are consistent winners.

We love the underdogs in all aspects of society. We don't like monopolies and dynasties.

When the Chiefs won their first, most of America was rooting for them. Now, they've been to the mountaintop too many times and people are ready to see them get knocked off.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Painter

They had better hope not unless they are prepared to not win another championship for at least the next 29 years. Isn't that right, Jerrah? Of course, all that silly America's Team nonsense was Tex Schramm's fault, not yours. And haven't you have done your best to stop it ever since you got rid of Jimmy.

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

I don't know about America's Team, but they're unquestionably a dynasty now.