News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Update on Waller

Started by MightyGiants, March 01, 2024, 12:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 01, 2024, 10:28:44 PMWeren't his numbers with Tyrod significantly better than with Jones?

I woudl retire too. He knows how ass this offense will be without Saquon

You mean unlike how great it was with Saquon?

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 02, 2024, 05:22:33 AMYou mean unlike how great it was with Saquon?
Are you honestly blaming Saquon for being stuck with the worst starting QB in the league for 5 years?

The second he goes to the Texans or whatever team his numbers are going to explode. Let's be serious.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 02, 2024, 06:57:10 AMAre you honestly blaming Saquon for being stuck with the worst starting QB in the league for 5 years?

The second he goes to the Texans or whatever team his numbers are going to explode. Let's be serious.

I'm not blaming him for anything. My point is that our offense is so bereft with talent that an aging, injury-prone, and declining RB is not going to make enough of a difference to justify paying up to keep him. The 2023 season is the case in point to that statement. We need to get younger, deeper, healthier, and cheaper at this position. Paying up for a 27 year old RB with a long list of injuries in his history makes very little sense for this team right now with where it is at.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 02, 2024, 07:03:21 AMI'm not blaming him for anything. My point is that our offense is so bereft with talent that an aging, injury-prone, and declining RB is not going to make enough of a difference to justify paying up to keep him. The 2023 season is the case in point to that statement. We need to get younger, deeper, healthier, and cheaper at this position. Paying up for a 27 year old RB with a long list of injuries in his history makes very little sense for this team right now with where it is at.

Good post. Agree 100%.

Getting a QB and solidifying the OL is 100% more important.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 02, 2024, 07:03:21 AMI'm not blaming him for anything. My point is that our offense is so bereft with talent that an aging, injury-prone, and declining RB is not going to make enough of a difference to justify paying up to keep him. The 2023 season is the case in point to that statement. We need to get younger, deeper, healthier, and cheaper at this position. Paying up for a 27 year old RB with a long list of injuries in his history makes very little sense for this team right now with where it is at.

IF we take a rookie QB, it is essential we keep Saquon to help their porcess. 3 years is not a long time.

And if we don't keep Saquon with Jones, we will have the worst offense in NFL next year

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 02, 2024, 05:57:02 PMIF we take a rookie QB, it is essential we keep Saquon to help their porcess. 3 years is not a long time.

And if we don't keep Saquon with Jones, we will have the worst offense in NFL next year

We had the third worst offense in the league last year with Barkley. Is 29th really that much different from 32nd?

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 02, 2024, 07:57:47 PMWe had the third worst offense in the league last year with Barkley. Is 29th really that much different from 32nd?

If we decide to keep Barkley

could be historically bad next season

Drake Maye enthusiast.