News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How would you feel about this?

Started by LennG, April 03, 2024, 07:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I read a very interesting article this AM on my phone but I can't find it to publish a link.

It was basically the Giants making 2 draft day trades--down.

The Giants trade the #6 pick to Atlanta who selects Alt. With Atlanta's #8 pick, the Giants again trade with the Vikings for either both their #1s or one of their #2. Then they sue the Vikings pick to draft Brock Bowers, TE.

Then they use the other #1 pick and (or either trade up) and draft Penix. With either a #2 pick they drat WR Ja'Lynn Polk, (From Washington) whom Penix has a good relationship with.

Without knowing if we have a TE for this coming season, no one sees us going with the best in the draft.

We get a QB, a WR and a TE in the first 2 rounds.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

brownelvis54

Lenn I would not like it. Trading down to 8 with Atlanta would be ok, but not the rest of the scenario...at 8...we still would have a chance to get Nabers or Rome Odunze. Trade with Atlanta and get more draft picks without losing out a a top 3 WR is fine with me
The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

If I couldn't get one of the top four QBs, I would be fine with a double trade down. I may not pick the same players but they will get a nice upgrade at more positions. They should walk away with at least four and maybe five players for their two.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 03, 2024, 08:10:36 PMIf I couldn't get one of the top four QBs, I would be fine with a double trade down. I may not pick the same players but they will get a nice upgrade at more positions. They should walk away with at least four and maybe five players for their two.

Agree Ed. Especially the Penix pick.
The KING is in the building

coggs

I don't want a TE in the first round. The "match-up nightmare" TE's that go early in the draft never seem to work out.  Off the top of my head, feel like the last one who did was Shockey.

londonblue

A TE high and an oft injured QB to save us from our oft injured QB is about as bad a scenario as I can imagine. I might need therapy if we did this.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

spiderblue43

Quote from: londonblue on April 04, 2024, 11:44:31 AMA TE high and an oft injured QB to save us from our oft injured QB is about as bad a scenario as I can imagine. I might need therapy if we did this.

Ouch. Giants group therapy I'm already familiar with, however.

Painter

How would I feel? No doubt there are worse ideas, but I can't say that this one would thrill me.

Cheers!