News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Arizona Cardinals set price tag to move off of fourth

Started by LennG, April 10, 2024, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Rumor or not, talk about being greedy (or just smart)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/arizona-cardinals-set-price-tag-to-move-off-of-fourth-pick-per-reports/ar-BB1llGOF?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=a1ae3f223cc047e4a8cc8a4e3d83a04d&ei=33

𝗥𝗨𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗦: The #Cardinals are seeking three first round picks to move down from #4, per
@ArmandoSalguero

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Pass! take one of the elite WR prospects instead.   The Giants can't afford to give up that sort of draft capital with their under-talented team.   If they pulled off the trade they would only screw up (again) their next QB prospect because they lacked the draft capital to ensure they had a proper team around him.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

If they do draft a QB and it misses, it sets us back another 5 years.

We said the same thing when Jones was drafted, if we miss we go back 4-5 years and it has happened, be it for whatever reasons. If we select a QB it has to hit.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on April 10, 2024, 01:08:52 PMIf they do draft a QB and it misses, it sets us back another 5 years.

We said the same thing when Jones was drafted, if we miss we go back 4-5 years and it has happened, be it for whatever reasons. If we select a QB it has to hit.

With 2 years with no first-round pick, it's going to set the team back much longer than if the team just drafted a QB with their regular pick
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Don't see the Giants paying that price but I could see the Vikings doing it.  They now have 2 this year alone and I imagine would have no problems throwing in next year's too.  And to be honest they probably should do it.  That is a solid team minus the QB.

I'd like to think that with the Giants picking 6 they wouldn't have to pay that much.  Since it's entirely possible the Cardinals would still get whoever they were planning on picking at 4 if they move to 6.  So I don't think I would completely rule the giants out of moving into that spot, but certainly not if it's going to cost them 3 first round picks.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 10, 2024, 01:21:02 PMDon't see the Giants paying that price but I could see the Vikings doing it.  They now have 2 this year alone and I imagine would have no problems throwing in next year's too.  And to be honest they probably should do it.  That is a solid team minus the QB.

I'd like to think that with the Giants picking 6 they wouldn't have to pay that much.  Since it's entirely possible the Cardinals would still get whoever they were planning on picking at 4 if they move to 6.  So I don't think I would completely rule the giants out of moving into that spot, but certainly not if it's going to cost them 3 first round picks.

I heard an interesting comment from Albert Breer.  He said Houston, not the Vikings, initiated trade talks.  So, I wonder if we are reading too much into the trade in terms of the Viking's desire to trade up for a QB.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

No one will give them that. They will have to come way off that if they want to move that pick. I don't blame them for trying. They want Harrison Jr. and know no one will do that deal.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 10, 2024, 01:11:57 PMWith 2 years with no first-round pick, it's going to set the team back much longer than if the team just drafted a QB with their regular pick

I look at it the other way.  If that is the price for #4, what could the Giants get for #6?  Maybe 2 firsts and a second?  I sure wouldn't mind a 2025 first so they can go QB hunting next year.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Bob In PA

Quote from: katkavage on April 10, 2024, 01:39:12 PMNo one will give them that. They will have to come way off that if they want to move that pick. I don't blame them for trying. They want Harrison Jr. and know no one will do that deal.
kat: The Vikings may have a better offer... they currently have two first round picks this year, and they could add to that their first-rounder next year, which IMO is a better offer. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

uconnjack8

Well they aren't going to say "We'll move out of the #4 spot for a 3rd and conditional 7th rounder".

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 10, 2024, 01:48:23 PMI look at it the other way.  If that is the price for #4, what could the Giants get for #6?  Maybe 2 firsts and a second?  I sure wouldn't mind a 2025 first so they can go QB hunting next year.

I would be pretty happy if the Giants traded down.  For the reasons you mentioned plus the team still has so many needs that more picks would be a good thing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

We will have a shot at one of the 4 QBs at 6.  We may also get an attractive offer to trade back.

No reason to panic and trade up.

LennG

Personally, I wasn't suggesting the Giants move up and give up all that. Myself, I would take a big-time WR and then maybe move up from #2 to grab one of the 'other' QBs who would be available in the lower part of round 1 or early round 2.

Charlie Weiss

katkavage

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 10, 2024, 01:48:23 PMI look at it the other way.  If that is the price for #4, what could the Giants get for #6?  Maybe 2 firsts and a second?  I sure wouldn't mind a 2025 first so they can go QB hunting next year.
If they don't draft a QB, this is what I would do even though there will maybe be a new coach in 2025 because without a solid QB next year the team will struggle.

katkavage

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 10, 2024, 01:50:03 PMkat: The Vikings may have a better offer... they currently have two first round picks this year, and they could add to that their first-rounder next year, which IMO is a better offer. Bob
They could be sucker enough to do that. They made the infamous Herschel Walker trade, so let them do it. They would be better off, in my opinion, in staying put at 11, drafting Penix, who is much more NFL ready than McCarthy, and keeping their other position to fortify their defense.